This position is responsible for supporting the needs of the finance department of big Burrito Restaurant Group. Assist other accounting managers in daily duties including filing and general office work. Responsible for Accounts Payable function for multiple restaurants. Direct communication with vendors. Maintain and post daily sales to ledger. Assist department with special projects.
Duties & Responsibilities :
· Accounts payable duties-paying invoices via check, credit card, EFT and entering payments into general ledger system
· Maintain a timely and accurate filing system of accounts payable, including both check disbursements and credit card disbursements.
· Initiate phone and email contact with vendors to ensure credit card disbursement accuracy, timely vendor statement reconciliation and research of disbursement activity.
· Maintain soft copies of restaurant daily sales reports on network; review and post daily sales reports to general ledger system
· Reconciliation of credit card payment transmissions
· Reconciliation of certain bank accounts assigned
· Perform ongoing price checks of certain vendors’ invoices assigned
· Assist with special projects as assigned
· Computer skills – primarily in use of Excel, Word and Outlook, but also various accounting systems in practice.
· Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
· Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
§ Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
§ Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
§ Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
§ Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
§ Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
§ Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
§ Be 21 years of age.
§ Be able to communicate with our customers and understand the company’s trading area.
§ Must have strong computer skills and be able to learn new programs.
§ Good communication and organization skills. Ability to deal with demanding situations and personalities.
§ Ability to remain calm under pressure and unexpected occurrences.
§ Willingness to work on evenings, weekends, and as required and to maintain a flexible schedule.
§ Must have the stamina to work 45 to 50 hours per week.
big Burrito Restaurant Group - 17 months ago