The European Center is an educational and conference facility in the French Alps that was donated to Tufts in 1978 by Tufts alum Donald MacJannet (A16). Each year, the Center in Talloires is open from April to October during which time the European Center runs three academic programs for the Talloires campus (Tufts in Talloires, Tufts Summit and Tufts in Annecy), organizes a number of internal (Tufts) and external (American and French) meetings and seminars, hosts the local community group, Les Amis du Prieure, for a series of 16 weekly lectures, as well as other cultural/musical events that are open to the community.
As Tufts University's campus in Talloires, the European Center's mission is to provide Tufts with an educational facility in Europe, to extend the resources of the University to include the European Community, and to promote international exchange by serving as a meeting place and learning center. Programs developed and administered by the Center are consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Tufts University and the School of Arts, Sciences and Engineering.
The Staff Assistant coordinates the office for the European Center's Medford office; she/he provides administrative support for the Director, staff and faculty, and is responsible for general office organization. The Staff Assistant:
• maintains databases and files;
• handles inquiries and requests from students, faculty and parents;
• monitors and prioritizes workflow for student workers;
• maintains department financial records by logging expenses into accounting software;
• works with Bursar and Registrar to maintain student registrations and payments;
• manages the office independently from May-September with regular/frequent email and telephone interaction with the European Center Director, while the Director and other staff are stationed in Talloires.
• Bachelor's degree and minimum of 1 year of experience OR a High School Diploma and 3+ years of experience
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and PowerPoint; knowledge of accounting software
• Ability and willingness to learn accounting practices and procedures, including use of accounting software
• Must be organized and attentive to detail
• Must be able to multi-task as well as maintain a calm and congenial atmosphere in demanding situations
• Must be able to handle confidential information pertaining to faculty compensation and student records
• Articulate, professional, personable; able to work well both independently and as part of a team
• Capable of prioritizing and completing tasks without regular supervision
• Strong customer service skills required.
Experience in an educational setting is a plus. Knowledge of French would be helpful, but not required.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Possible special events (meetings, student reunion events) several times a year. Possibility for vacation or flex-time in July-August.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 2 years ago