Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College, with a 120-acre main campus in Fairmont, WV, is part of the state’s growing high technology corridor with a metro area of about 50,000 residents.
Duties and Responsibilities - Coordinate the development and piloting of STEM activities in the College of Science and Technology.
- Coordinate and assist in the redesign of STEM curriculum to promote student learning and retention.
- Assist in the development of curriculum, learning modules
and activities that are experimental, collaborative and utilize technology-rich learning techniques.
- Provide faculty development in innovative teaching techniques and assessment.
- Assist in the data collection and reporting of metrics associated with student learning, retention, and graduation rates in the College of Science and Technology.
-Assist in the development of a peer mentoring program in the College of Science and Technology.
- Perform other assigned duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Science and Technology and the Project Director of the Title III Grant at FSU.
Minimum Required Education Earned doctorate in a discipline associated with science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or education.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications N/A
Type and Amount of Experience Needed - Three years of teaching experience at a post-secondary institution in a STEM discipline or in a College or School of Education.
- Experience in curriculum development, innovative teaching techniques and pedagogy, and knowledge of experiential, collaborative methodologies to improve student learning and retention.
- Demonstrated experience in infusing technology to traditional classroom teaching to foster student achievement.
Special Conditions The search is being extended to increase the applicant pool; applicants who have already applied will remain under consideration.
Notes To Applicants All applicants MUST complete an online application; paper applications cannot be accepted.
Please note that candidates invited to interview are required to bring copies of all academic transcripts to the interview event.
InsideHigherEd.com - 11 months ago