Business Unit: Higher Education Group |
Location: WISCONSIN (Kenosha)
Requisition Number: foll-00009539
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a community college to a state university, the heartland to the inner city, the East Coast to the West, across the United States and Canada, the needs and requirements of higher learning institutions are as unique as the students they teach. Providing course materials and management services for both local operations and online stores, we are higher education's leading campus retailer and largest wholesaler. Anchored by an assortment of products and services driving access and affordability - including Rent-A-Text and our digital textbook platform CafeScribe - Follett Higher Education Group continues to see growth across our channels, evolving our bookstores of today to the campus stores of tomorrow. Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
Store Manager II - Gateway-Kenosha Campus Store (#531)
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Field Operations, this role provides direction and oversight of all functions at a college bookstore; including budget and expense management, financial analysis, service levels, policy administration, staffing, supervision and development of store staff, maintenance of sales and inventory records, store layout and programs/projects. Overall store direction includes driving company initiatives, maintaining and building campus relationships and developing opportunities for the mutual benefit of the campus and the company.
- Manages and supervises store staff including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Monitors key operational areas such as cash flow, inventory levels, security and loss prevention standards, markdowns, markups; ensuring they are within company guidelines. Suggests operational improvements and resolves any problems that may require high level decision-making.
- Oversees merchandise presentation and provides feedback to ensure correct product assortments, promotions and planning for events.
- Reviews and provides direction on department goals, strategy, budgets, floor plans, and peak period business planning. Reviews work schedules to ensure adequate store coverage.
- Provides input on budget estimates for the year. Analyzes store financials to determine store and department performance and adjusts unfavorable categories.
- Approves and analyzes store markups, markdowns and write-offs to ensure they are within company guidelines. Summarizes data into management reports. Monitors cash procedures, payables and receivables.
- Performs some duties of course materials area working with store staff. Analyzes enrollment figures, past history, inventory levels and current adoptions to determine the number of books to buy during buyback and the quantity of new books to order.
- Ensures orders are placed in a timely manner. Calls in orders to vendors and publishers. Plans for and actively promotes buy backs.
- Meets with key members of the academic community on campus to remain informed of new developments, assess FHEG¿s reputation, and promote Follett as a leader in the college bookstore industry. Attends campus events (e.g. bookstore committee meetings, dinners, receptions, golf tournaments, athletic events, etc).
- Seeks input from Regional Manager in developing inventory plans with store staff to maintain proper levels to meet customer demand. Plans for special sales and promotions. Manages the visual presentation to create an exciting shopping environment for customers.
- Interfaces with campus police regarding store security, employees, customers or store assets. Ensures the safety of company funds, assets, personnel, customers and property and adherence of policies.
- May work on renovation projects, store reorganizations, new store openings, and store closings. May respond to managerial or Home Office requests for special reports, information, or for help on special projects. Supports and may supervise annual inventories in stores.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of retail management or strong customer service experience academic retail experience a plus
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Advanced relationship building and customer outreach
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead a team
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required
The Kenosha Campus of Gateway Technical College is both one of the largest academic campuses in the Gateway District and is also home to the district administration. The college is led by a board of trustees, administration, staff, and faculty who are committed to excellence and meeting its communities' needs. Since becoming the first publicly funded continuation school in the state of Wisconsin and in the United States, Gateway is considered a model college in its development of business partnerships, green career curriculum, and supporting innovative and flexible education delivery methods such as nodal classrooms and a three-semester academic year. www.gtc.edu/kenosha-campus
We value people and it shows in everything we do. That is why we offer a competitive salary and a benefits program designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment status, location, and other variables.
To learn more about Follett Higher Education Group career opportunities and benefit offerings, please visit us on the web at www.fheg.follett.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Follett Corporation - 12 months ago