Are you a take-charge retail manager with a gift for motivating people? If you love merchandising, sales and the excitement of a hands-on retail position, check into becoming a Dollar General Store Manager. We're one of the fastest growing discount retail companies in America with more than 10,000 neighborhood stores in 45 states. We offer tremendous career growth opportunities for our employees that get results. Begin a career with a company that is growing by hundreds of stores a year. Our Store Managers participate in a 2-week training program that 1-week may require out of town travel.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and coach their store team.
- Control expenses, shrinkage and inventory levels in the store
- Provide a clean, fun and safe environment for their employees and customers.
- Order product, stock shelves, set plan-o-grams and create promotional displays.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing a similar small box retail, grocery or convenience store environment or department manager experience in a big box environment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance
- 401 K
- And More!
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for over 75 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money....