Financial Analysis: Preparation of ad hoc and non-recurring reports, graphs, and metrics. Analysis which includes financial statement review, preparation of monthly P&L forecasting, actual vs. budget expense variance review, gross margin analysis, and external competitive benchmarking.
Management Reporting: Preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly standard management reports for each line of business. Review with the profit center executives, explain trends, add insight and offer recommendations.
Business Planning: Serve as an advisor to profit center executives in all aspects of financial planning, monitoring of divisional profitability, and spending in accordance with budget and annual strategic plan. Preparation of capital approval packages for large projects. Conduct M&A valuations. Perform quality reviews of feasibility studies. Assist with deal structuring, financial modeling, and analysis. Act as key point of contact for Finance Dept. with Hotel/Casino operational management. Champion continuous & measurable improvement in company's financial and operational processes and practices.
Provide accounting and financial support to upper management.
Communicate daily with upper management, Department Heads, internal and external sources.
Verify information pertinent to the Company.
Other job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in financial analysis and accounting principles and theories; preferably with the successful application of these concepts in a hotel environment.
- Education level associated with the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or equivalent work experience.
- Able to make decisions and work independently.
- Effective decision-making and listening abilities with strong judgment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to function reasonably under time constraints and within established deadlines, with attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees; interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of financial computer systems and personal computer software programs such as Word and Excel.
- Communicate effectively in English both in oral and written form.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job