APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 2, 2013 |
Located just 45 miles from the state capitol of Jackson, Mississippi, the Vicksburg Warren School District is committed to teaching and inspiring “all students to continually pursue knowledge, achieve their aspirations and make positive contributions in a changing world.” Teachers and other staff at the district’s 15 schools serve more than 8,800 students in the City of Vicksburg and Warren County.
Collaborations with business, government and other sectors in this area of 50,000 residents have led to outstanding opportunities for students. These include a “Leader in Me” program in two elementary schools as well as training and mentoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) initiatives for educators and students.
- Masters Degree or higher in School Administration/Leadership from an accredited college or university
- Valid Mississippi Administrator License
- Record of knowledge and ability in the following:
- Curriculum and supervision
- Budget preparation / supervision
- Strategic planning
- Professional development of staff
- A demonstrated concern for students and a commitment to holding all employees accountable
- Ability to work cooperatively with the school board in formal and informal communications
- Ability to articulate the district’s vision as well as carry out short and long range goals
- Ability to develop and improve curriculum and instruction, with a proven track record as an instructional leader in increasing student achievement
- An awareness of and commitment to Common Core State Standards
- Experience in securing state, federal, and private grants
- A strong working knowledge of Mississippi school finance and the procedures for conducting bond issue campaigns
- High moral and ethical standards and conduct
- Ability to develop a climate of trust and openness
- Ability to develop positive rapport with teachers, administrators and other district personnel
- Openness to two-way communication with students, parents and community
- A commitment to live in the Vicksburg Warren School District and develop rapport with all sectors of the community including businesses and social/civic organizations
- 22 months ago - save job
The Vicksburg Warren School District operates a district level Title I pre-school program. The mission of the program is to prepare eligible...