The Supervisor will work in a challenging, hands-on environment supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Department of Defense (DoD) and other specialized customers in support of National Cyber Protection System (NCPS) initiatives.
• This position supports DHS in providing operations and logistics to migrate Federal civilian (.gov) internet services to a custom aggregation service. Candidate will manage program operations and technicians whose work includes ordering, implementation, and repair support of DHS custom data services. Responsibilities include development of team SOPs, integration support with corporate operations, hiring new employees, coaching and development of employees with regards to new processes and quality standards, performance management, safety, and technical skill sets. Will require hands on technical support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls in a Hosting and office environment.
• Associate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
• Previous experience as a supervisor and a proven track record in the communications, networking and/or security
• A thorough understanding of physical layer through layer three technologies.
• Understanding of and experience using inventory systems
• Experience with Juniper and or Cisco equipment, knowledgeable in BGP routing, IPSec, and VLANS
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities
• Candidate must have the proven ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
• Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changes
• Required computer skills include: Outlook, MS Office application suite, ticketing systems, and circuit topology and testing tools.
Candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense TOPSECRET clearance.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 17 months ago