Prepare rice, measure and execute recipes.
Ensure seafood quality is superior and take action to correct any irregularities.
Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
Ensure all products are rotating on a first in first out philosophy.
Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
Apply advance knife skills required for service.
Maintain menu knowledge and attention to detail of plate presentation.
Exhibit a thorough knowledge, understanding and application of all cooking techniques.
Assist Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Sushi Chef as needed in execution of service.
Maintain production list to ensure efficient execution of service.
Conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels.
Work as a team, assisting employees and guests.
Effectively communicate with management, Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Sushi Chef, employees, and guests.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
Ensure that each Kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and labor costs.
Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Specialty Sushi Cook or a similar position.
- Working knowledge of Japanese seafood techniques.
- Working knowledge of weights and measurements.
- Solid knowledge of health and safety procedures and sanitation practices.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and knife skills.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant operations and food preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a luxury or similar resort.
MGM Resorts International
- 3 years ago - save job