For over two decades, Explore, a Solera company, has been a trusted partner to insurance companies and government entities alike. As a premier provider of database insurance technologies and e-government applications, Explore has leading edge information solutions that make it a valued partner for America’s Top 20 P&C Insurance Companies.
Explore currently has an opening for a Software Developer II located in Eagan or Marshall, Minnesota.
This experienced position is responsible for creating, installing and maintaining newly created software business systems; finding solutions to meet new business needs and to resolve problems in existing systems; participating in project planning and reporting; and completing corresponding documentation.
· Create and modify software programs throughout various phases of Development Lifecycle:
Design, coding/configuration, test, installation and support
· Provide solutions to problems relating to both customer and application support
· Responsible periodically for 24 hour “On Call” support of production business systems
· Work closely with immediate supervisor, project team and other professionals in the department
Provide estimates and perform basic planning for projects
- Bachelor’s degree with related coursework
- 2 – 4+ years related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and data modeling
- Proficient at querying and modifying data
- Working knowledge of programming principles and techniques
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages
- C# & .Net coding experience is an strong advantage
- Understanding of established software development life cycle
- Possess good problems solving skills
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to demonstrate core competency in both written and verbal communication skills
- A sense of humor
Explore offers a competitive salary, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k with employer match.
Explore Information Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Explore Information Services - 18 months ago