Join the leading provider of software and services for the automobile parts recycling industry! Hollander, a subsidiary of Solera Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SLH), delivers market-leading recycling solutions used by thousands of insurance companies, collision repair shops and automotive recyclers in the United States and Canada. Our market position, combined with a strong financial position, enables us to continually invest in our technology, our clients and, our employees.
Hollander is currently seeking a seasoned Sr. Database Developer for Plymouth, MN.
This position requires a database guru to assist with implementing innovative solutions to complex data management, analytics and reporting challenges. Responsibilities will include validating design as well as developing, testing, tuning, and supporting high-volume, high-availability relational databases supporting both operational as well as analytical and reporting requirements and optimizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proven experience designing and working with advanced data architectures; designing and building relational databases.
• Strong database programming skills (MS SQL Server, MySQL) including advanced T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS, and advanced report generation.
• Design and develop reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008
• Collaborate with Developers, Project Managers and Business Analysts in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and enhancements.
• Support and assist in on-going maintenance of production databases and new databases to ensure performance with minimal downtime
• Document and share knowledge gain with the development team
• Troubleshoot database issues and provide optimal solutions
• Communicate problems and resolutions to Project Management
• Implement database and application changes as needed
• Maintain database standards and ensure that database standards are followed
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of database design and support
• 5+ years of experience with database development and database administration
• Must possess strong knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008
• 3+ years of experience with SSRS and SSIS
• 3+ years of experience in building Data Warehouses using Microsoft SQL tools and technologies
• Must be familiar with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio Database projects
• Experience with SQL Server performance tuning, execution plans, and indexing
• Experience with database replication and synchronization (linked servers, mirroring, log shipping, and replication)
• Flexible and adaptable in learning new technologies
• Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and organizational skills
The next time you report a fender bender, your adjuster might be using technology from Solera to process the claim. Solera Holdings...