TITLE: SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR/RECEPTIONIST
REPORTS TO: Administrative Support Manager
Responsible for operating the CMRC switchboard and to act as receptionist, with light clerical duties.
Perform duties and responsibilities under the supervision of the Switchboard Supervisor/CMRC Administrative Assistant.
High school graduate with prior switchboard experience preferred, together with typing and clerical skills. A pleasant telephone demeanor and dependability is a must.
· Operate switchboard in an efficient and timely manner.
· Relay incoming and outgoing calls in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner.
· Answer routine caller inquiries and refers to proper department. Takes messages only when appropriate.
· Monitor fire and Co-gen alarms and radio systems.
· Learn precisely the procedures to follow in all emergency situations (examples include fire, lost child, power outages) and be prepared to initiate at any time.
· Review all memos and special notices at switchboard prior to each shift.
· Greet and register all visitors, issue the necessary badge, and direct them to the proper department or person.
· Collect visitor badges and obtain signature on departure sheet following visit.
· Maintain rolodex file on all staff and students and keeps it updated.
· Track all incoming calls, pages, etc. on daily tracking sheet.
· Log all outside and collect calls placed through switchboard.
· Sort incoming mail and forward mail for terminated staff.
· Keep switchboard area clean and neat at all times.
· Sign termination check out sheet and maintains forwarding address book.
· Such other duties as may be assigned.
Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard