Job Description & Qualifications
- Responsible for design, development, & validation of next-generation automotive connectivity / information products
- Develop in-vehicle implementation including customer requirements, hardware, subsystem interface specifications, and feature / function behavioral specifications
- Systems Engineering responsibility for automotive connectivity / information products. Manage roadmaps, issues, timing, and design communication methods.
- Assess and benchmark automotive and consumer technologies and suppliers
- Automotive electrical system integration to ensure compatibility for new designs
- Interface with cross-functional / cross-organizational areas
- Ensure products meet function, quality, cost, weight, and timing requirements
- BS in Engineering
- 1 yr Experience with an Automotive OEM or supplier with automotive systems such as telematics, multimedia, voice recognition, navigation, or other highly complexity systems
- Defining system and customer requirements using analytical skills and modeling
- Should have strong program management and supplier management capabilities and be able to work well in a matrix and team environment
- Knowledge and experience with systems engineering fundamentals and quality / reliability methods including FMEAs, DVP&Rs, warranty indicators
- Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- BS or higher in EE or Computer Engineering
- Successful candidates will have three plus years design, development, & validation experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Connectivity / Telematics / Wireless Communication Systems
- In-Vehicle Multimedia Systems
- Voice Recognition & Text-To-Speech Technology
- Off-Board Service Integration into Automotive Platform
- Automotive Electrical System Architecture (Multiplexed Networks, CAN)
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) Design & Development
- Knowledge of Consumer Media and Mobile Phone Devices
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Ford Motor Company - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard