The SaaS Sales Engineer is responsible for providing support to Direct-Sales and Channel-Sales personnel in selling Metanga, our SaaS billing and monetization solution, to new prospects. MetraTech, a leading provider of agreements-based billing and compensation software, is backed by Accel Partners, Meritech Capital Partners and Vesbridge. Our on-premises MetraNet solution powers billing for market leaders such as Microsoft’s Azure platform, Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation and the City of Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.
Working in our Waltham, MA headquarters, the SaaS Sales Engineer will work closely with the sales team to support them in the pursuit of new customers by articulating the features, benefits and differentiators of Metanga. The SaaS Sales Engineer will provide prospective partners and customers with tailored product demonstrations, proof-of-concepts, and functional and technical expertise necessary to help move sales opportunities to closure.
- Assist Sales personnel in achieving or exceeding assigned quotas
- Prepare and deliver highly-impressive, personalized and differentiated product demonstrations that articulate the benefits of the Metanga SaaS based billing solutions to all levels, including line of business managers, IT, finance professionals and C-level executives
- Proactively obtain prospect’s requirements, seek out and effectively address objections
- Understand the difference between Metanga’s solutions and the competition’s
- Create evaluation “sandbox” environments in which prospects can enjoy free trials, and manage each prospect through each such engagement
- Assist in preparing RFI/RFP responses as necessary
- Support marketing activities at tradeshows, industry forums and conventions as necessary
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Rocky Makooi, Human Resources Department at RMakooi@metratech.com or call 781-839-8353 for confidential consideration. Please note MetraTech is not accepting unsolicited resumes from specialty recruiting firms or other similar third parties for this position at this time.
- 5+ years’ experience as an enterprise software Sales Engineer, with ecommerce, billing financial, or payments software experience a strong plus
- Superb business application software demonstration capabilities with the ability to grab the attention of executive-level business or technical audiences
- A high acumen for problem-solving and a can-do attitude
- An excellent understanding of systems integration methodologies, especially web services
- Experienced and proficient in popular web technologies, and familiarity with one or more programming languages, such as Java, Ruby, Perl, Python
- Technical and functional expertise in billing systems, financial systems, CRM or other critical business applications
- Demonstrated ability to co-manage, with salespeople, a pipeline of multiple opportunities
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or comparable degree