Shepherd of the Valley Healthcare is seeking an Experienced Safety/Risk Management Director to facilitate, organize, conduct, and coordinate safety workers' compensation programs for the facility under the direction of the Administrator. Maintain communication and cooperation with the centralized risk management department in order to adhere to company-wide safety and risk management standards. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with company standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Salary DOE AA/EEO
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce hazardous workplace conditions, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Coordinate and conduct worker training in areas such as OSHA regulations, hazardous condition recognition, and proper use of safety equipment.
- Participate in the orientation of new employees to provide initial insight into the facility's safety culture, OSHA compliance, and high safety standards.
- Perform safety audits; inspect the facility, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential safety hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Act as a liason to the state workers' compensation insurance program. Work with the state worker's compensation analyst to manage and provide information on claims after they have been submitted.
- Track workplace injuries and maintain OSHA 300 log.
- Investigate workplace accidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventative measures, and manage return-to-work activities.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned, and as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety/Risk Management in Healthcare
- Experience in the Healthcare industry, preferably Long Term Care.
- Equivalent of four or more years' related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Wyoming Workers Comp.
Welcov Healthcare provides progressive health care and specialized services in the communities we serve. Our warm, welcoming environments...