OBJECTIVE OF POSITION |
Under the direction of the Safety/Security Manager, the Safety/Security Specialist will have the responsibility for the safety/security pertaining to the distribution center, and serve as the first line of communication for all related matters.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Arm/disarm the burglar alarm at the beginning/end of day. Secure, repair or bypass doors on the alarm system.
- Man the employee entrance/exit during start and end of shift and breaks conduct bag checks and look for employee injuries in an effort to prevent/document a workers comp claim.
- Prepare a daily log of those present and absent and present to the managers, receptionist and guard shack so we can account for everyone in the event of an emergency.
- Responsible for orientation of new full time and temporary employees. Includes photographs and signed orientation form.
- Provide basic first aid as needed. (Must have basic first aid certification or be willing to be certified.)
- Prepare photo ID’s with discount and clock in bar code attached for all full time employees.
- Provide both foot and vehicle safety/security patrols throughout the facility and its property as directed in order to minimize and deter crime, promote safety, and serve the interest of the company, while generating positive safety/security awareness and relationship building.
- Inspect, flush, and document eye wash stations on a weekly basis.
- Inspect and document fire extinguishers on a monthly basis.
- Compile, coordinate, and conduct annual OSHA training for ALL employees.
- Provide training for all motorized vehicles.
- Identify and update MSDS logs and provide necessary training to all employees.
- Alarm, bypass, and reset the fire alarm system.
- Ensure that all property leaving the facility has proper documentation such as a bill of lading or property removal form.
- Maintain the security cameras on the designated areas and record CD’s as needed for investigative purposes.
- Investigate, document and report all damages to the facility and equipment to the appropriate department.
- In an emergency situation, enforce company procedures and direct local fire, medical, and/or law enforcement personnel as needed.
- In the event of severe weather- related emergency, direct all persons within the facility and on company property to take appropriate shelter immediately.
- Investigate and prepare reports and files of safety/security deficiencies, personnel accidents/injuries, crime, and security incidents.
- Upon notification of an emergency/injury, respond immediately and proceed directly to the site; ascertain the nature of said emergency/injury, rendering first aid as priorities dictate.
- Fill the Cores/Keys requested from stores every payroll period or as needed.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED from an accredited provider.
- Prior experience and skills in a safety/security, loss prevention, or law enforcement environment preferred.
- Previous experience in access control, employee ID systems, and CCTV systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate with all personnel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously.
- Effective writing and data collecting skills for report generation.
- Previous experience in handling emergency and/or emergency medical situations preferred.
- The ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language preferred.
- Basic first aid certification preferred.
Kirkland's - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...