Position: Safety Coordinator
Location: Boulder City, NV
Position Summary: Manage the company's environmental, health and safety program at a project level. Provide technical support and assistance to Project Team in developing and maintaining a Project Safety Roadmap. Support Project Team in developing and sustaining an Incident and Injury Free Culture (IIFC).
Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Support Crew Foreman/General Foremen in development of Job Hazar Analyses and an overall Project Safety Roadmap
- Evaluate effectiveness of safety programs through daily field walks. Regulatory compliance and audit oversight.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for employees exhibiting unsafe behaviors, and provide recognition for employees exhibiting safe behaviors.
- Deliver safety training and new employee orientations
- Support incident investigations
- Provide regular feedback to Project Team on safety areas for improvement and recognition. Assist in the development of project-specific corrective action plans to address safety issues occurring in the field.
- Collaborate with general contractor and other subcontractor Safety Professionals on job-specific injury prevention measures.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- 2 or 4 year college degree desired, preferably in envi
- ornmental health and safety discipline.
2+ years of experience in similar role in the construction industry
Ability to work independently, strong communication skills with ability to influence behaviors
- Safety certification is desired.
- Local candidate preferred.
About Cupertino Electric, Inc.
Cupertino Electric, Inc. (CEI) is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and has provided expert engineering and construction services for a constantly evolving world for more than 57 years. Its Energy Alternatives Division designs, constructs and manages innovative solar and alternative energy solutions. For more information, visit www.cei.com .
Cupertino Electric, Inc. - 13 months ago