Transform Your Tomorrow... Today at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control
At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (CWFC), you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
CWFC's EPD Division is searching for an individual to full the position of Safety Engineer, based in Phillipsburg, NJ. EPD, the Engineered Pump Division, and its legacy companies have been providing technology and products for naval and maritime application since 1847. Today, EPD, is a major supplier of pumps for the U.S. Navy's Nimitz Class aircraft carriers and Virginia Class submarines, as well as the Navy's next generations fo Ford Class aircraft carriers. EPD also supports the naval fleet with various innovative pumping solutions such as composite pumps and parts, and complete overhaul, upgrade and field service capabilities.
The Safety Engineer works with all levels of the organization to continously improve site safety and environmental compliance but especially with the GM and their staff. The Safety Engineer's primary function is to provide the technical information essential to the effective administration of the safety and environmental program.
- Provide technical assistance to the safety leadership teams, safety observers, and the supervisory personnel, and conduct periodic safety inspections and surveys.
- Investigate, along with supervision and engineers, all serious injuries and illnesses, and near miss incidents that have the potential of resulting in a serious or fatal outcome.
- Act in an advisory capacity to local management and supervisors on matters of injury and illness prevention, industrial hygience and environmental regulation/requirements.
- Establish procedures to ensure that only approved types of essential personal protective equipmnet are made available, maintained and used.
- Maintain, on a current basis, the plant's Safety Manual
- Develop new or specialized safety training programs, as may be needed.
- Provide counsel concerning any necessary safety and health requirements involved with the procurement of machines, equipment, and hazardous material.
- Prepare required injury and illness reports for the company and federal, state, and local agencies as required.
- Coordinate activities of the emergency response team.
- Monitor for compliance with regulations, including local, state, and federal health and safety codes and standards.
- All contracts with OSHA will be made under the direction of the Safety Engineer.
- Contacts with regulatory groups, such as EPA, NJ DEP, or the NRC.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institition
- 3-5+ years of experience in heavy industry
- Environmental experience a plus
- Certified Safety Professional
What You'll Find at CWFC
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be an innovative thinker and present theories/concepts in a professional manner.
- Professionalism and committment to quality and customer service.
- Challenging Work - The work we do at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which live and work.
- Indepence - At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to work on the most advanced technology in our industry.
- A Collaborative Environment - The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver some of the most advanced solutions to our customers.
Curtiss-Wright Flow Control is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
- Learning and development opportunites
- Recognition for your contributions
Transform your tomorrow, apply today at www.cwfc.com/Careers/Careers.htm
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...