This role will provide consultative support to management and employees with the goal of creating and maintaining the company Safety, Environment and Quality values and programs. This regional position will support renewable energy development, construction and operations and maintenance activities.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Maintenance, development and implementation of Safety Environment & Quality programs, compliance plans, and initiatives focused around company Safety & Environment values, goals, objectives, and various regulations including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Champions PSM program for Geothermal power plants(West only)
- Lead the investigation of incidents, near misses and counsel employees involved in incidents to prevent reoccurrence for assigned region.
- Conducts orientations and periodic inspections/observations of contractors to ensure compliance with company and regulatory standards during construction and maintenance operations
- Develop, conduct, coordinate, and track various training to support company programs.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, and practices.
- Investigate and take appropriate actions concerning employee requests, complaints and concerns involving unsafe conditions/practices.
- Work with operations staff in maintenance and development of site specific Safety & Environment programs and conducting hazard analysis.
- Acts with integrity in all SEQ matters to maintain Safety & Environment compliance and excellence
- Coordinate Safety & Environment internal and regulatory reporting, including data collection and reporting for assigned region.
- Oversee data maintenance and collection for company environmental reporting.
- Coordinate and monitor the selection, training, and use of PPE as needed
- Maintain facilities emergency action plan and provide training as needed
- Provide information and assist in the development of budget forecasts, schedules and associated cost information and labor allocations
- Special Projects as required including coordination of and/or participate in various company Safety, Environment and Quality initiatives.
- Act as a buyer for the Safety & Environment department and work with procurement on procurement of safety equipment
- Contribute to the overall needs and objectives of the unit and company.
- Maintain a positive rapport with various state and federal regulatory agencies
- Maintain Safety & Environment data integrity within all data systems, including SAP.
If interested please send your resume and salary information to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Safety Quality Spec in the subject line
- BS in Safety, Environment or related work experience
- Minimum of 4-8 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and database applications (SAP a plus)
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Availability for local, domestic and international travel; up to 60%
- Experience with, safety management systems/quality systems, or work with a process based production environment a plus
- Ability to be on your feet walking around the facility at least 50% of the day. Climb ladders/stairs and lift as required to perform necessary job tasks.
- Superior communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Physical Activities: Talking, hearing, near acuity, handling and fingering.
- Mental Functions: Comparing, copying, calculating, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. of frequently, and/or 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.