Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB BAND: Individual Contributor
Reports To: Regional Safety Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Amount of Travel Required: 50-70%
Work Schedule: This position works between the hours of 6 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Ability to work a flexible schedule is necessary.
This position formulates, develops, and coordinates the safety and loss control functions for the organization.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with a covered disability to perform the essential functions of the position as long as an undue hardship is not imposed.
- Conducts accident investigations and recommends corrective action (if warranted) based upon incidents and/or trends. Determines the cause and identifies the means of prevention.
- Conducts various drug testing processes across the organization: pre-employment, random, reasonable/for cause, and post-accident.
- Trains employees and customers in Company and OSHA safety practices.
- Provides guidance to field employees, project supervisors, and management on matters concerning employee health & safety, public safety, and environmental safety.
- Maintain compliance with government regulatory agencies such as OSHA, MSHA, DNR, etc.
- Develops, recommends, and implements new safety policies and/or strategic objectives.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams in the event that emergency response needs to be facilitated.
- Prepares various forms of written communication including, but not limited to: company newsletter articles, toolbox talks, policy development, site-specific safety plans, procedures, and correspondence.
- Assists with the development of company programs to reduce accidents, occupational illnesses and exposure to long-term health hazards through various mediums, including, but not limited to: safety and skill training of company employees, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, planned inspections and job observations, job analysis/procedures, new employee indoctrination, physical protection, and protective equipment.
- Visits various job sites to support and encourage safe and productive behavior, while providing feedback to employees on safety and productivity practices.
- Interfaces with customers and general and specialty contractors, as well as trade associations to facilitate best safety practices and compliance and provide an appropriately consistent approach to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Actively participates in monthly safety meetings, internal cross functional teams/committees, and organizations such as ABC, AGC, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented – Commitment to understanding and valuing differences among people.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate/conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Healthy, Sustainable Work - Commitment to fostering a healthy, safe workplace in which team members can deliver quality services that best utilize the resources (people, property, and financial assets) of the company and minimize the impact on the environment.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Safety Awareness – Commitment to fostering an employee empowerment culture in regards to safety.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Well Workplace - Ability to identify and act on opportunities that improve the informational, behavioral, and physical components of work which positively impact individual and team member health, wellness, and safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Construction and three to five (3-5) years of Safety experience, or
- Five years experience in the Electrical trade, or
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience as determined by management.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- CHST or CSP certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of federal safety regulations.
- Knowledge of the electrical construction trade is preferred.
- Ability to operate various types of construction equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Boots, Gloves, and Harness)
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels from high-speed computer printers and other peripherals. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for two to four hours daily. Occasional travel to various worksites may also be required, depending on assignment.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Faith Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage the hiring and promotion of women and minorities.
Faith Technologies, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Faith Technologies, Inc., one of the Midwest's Top 20 electrical and technical services contractor, has 15 locations in five states:...