Veolia Transportation is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, providing bus , rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
The Safety Supervisor is responsible for administering all safety and training programs in accordance with established policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the Safety and Training Manager. The Safety Supervisor’s primary responsibilities will include facilitating new hire operator training; refresher training; recommends, develops, and implements safety and training programs; maintains and updates training calendar and employee safety and training files.
1. Provide ODP training to new employees.
2. Provide refresher training to current employees.
3. Respond to accidents and determine preventability.
4. Create accident reports utilizing WebRisk program.
5. Deliver Employee Injury Control Program to new and current employees.
6. Report workplace injuries to Workers’ Compensation insurer.
7. Create employee injury reports.
8. Ensure compliance with Drug and Alcohol policy.
9. Ensure MIS reports are submitted in a timely manner.
10. Ensure all OSHA requirements are met.
11. Ensure all FTA regulations are met, if applicable.
12. Maintains professional demeanor and appearance.
13. Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment.
14. Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work 50% indoors and 50% out of doors.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 3+ years previous supervisory experience.
3. 3+ years operations experience in a safety sensitive environment (experience dealing with federal regulations such as OSHA, FTA, DOT, etc. a plus).
4. Previous adult training experience a definite plus.
5. Valid CDL class B with passenger and airbrake endorsements.
6. Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and possesses good judgment and discretion.
7. Superior communication and presentation skills.
8. Must be able to pass third party tester certification within ninety (90) days of employment, if necessary.
9. Must be familiar with Smith System defensive driving program.
10. Must able to assist in the creation and maintenance of various reports.
11. Must be able to retrieve, generate, and process information in YT solutions, if applicable.
12. Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills.
13. Proven customer service, patience, and interpersonal skills a must.
14. General knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system and Microsoft office package.
15. Must be able to work as a member of the team.
16. Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
17. Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
18. Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Quality/ Health / Safety / Environment
United States-Maryland-Capital Heights
Mar 25, 2013, 11:13:32 PM
Veolia Transportation - 17 months ago