EMC and VMware have just launched a spinoff company targeting the fast-growing “big data” market. Combining the resources and products from GreenPlum, Spring/vFabric, Pivotal Labs, Cloud Foundry and Cetas, we’ve started with 1,200+ employees and $350M in revenue to form Pivotal focused on "Big Data", In-memory Fast Data, PaaS, Analytics at scale and Open Source.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Software Sales Executive who will cover the Washington D.C. area. The SE will develop and manage sales pursuits, close sales opportunities, and meet or exceed territory sales targets using their deep industry expertise. He/she should have established strong relationships with C-level clients, business and technical buyers, and key project stakeholders. As a key member of our sales team, you must thrive in an environment that is highly collaborative. These positions are focused on the enterprise customer segment.
Key Attributes of Success at Pivotal.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer and logo acquisition. Strong understanding of how to grow an under developed or under penetrated patch
- Successful track record selling enterprise solutions. Can sell large software and analytics solutions
- Proven ability to sell to CXO or line of business. Successfully sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Actively listen and determine the customers’ needs
- Ability to clearly articulate your point of view in professional manner
- Proven success with above and possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a fluid (start- up) environment
- Develop and execute territory account plans to achieve and exceed individual software quota responsibility
- Consistently build and deliver an accurate pipeline via Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Ability to lead multiple customer sales cycles and close effectively (i.e., candidate is a “hunter” not a “sales order” taker)
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and clearly communicate its value proposition
- Manage effective working relationships with Technical Sales Engineers, Consulting Professionals and Business Development Managers
- Able to develop strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners within identified territory
- A proven closer, able to garner commitment every step of sales process
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years successful software sales experience with focus on technology and solutions selling one or more of the following technology products: Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and or Hadoop “Big Data” targeting enterprise accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with very strong presentation skills
- Travel within your territory assigned territory is required
- Strong Team Player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
When you choose Pivotal, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Pivotal - 4 months ago
Pivotal Payments is an independent payment processing provider, offering a full range of merchant services to small, medium and large-sized...