XPO Logistics, Inc. is one of the fastest-growing companies in the transportation logistics business. We're creating jobs at record speed – and we're bringing a lot of qualified people on board. We've already added more than 20 locations this year by acquiring quality companies and opening new branches. We're also ramping up fast in Charlotte, where we just opened a new national operations center.
Here's what you need to know about our business: we don't own trucks, ships or planes at XPO – we're in the middle of the action, fielding requests from shippers who have loads to move, and finding the best carriers for those loads. It's fast-paced, competitive work. We want people on our team who are driven to win; who are passionate, confident and tenacious. We've created an environment that's charged with adrenalin, where a big effort can pay off in a big way. And you'll do it with our support: we'll give you training and technology and a strong team to work with.
T his is your chance to make your mark with a company that's driving toward becoming a multi-billion dollar business within the next few years. Get in the game to win – and you'll go places with XPO.
XPO Logistics is looking for a Sales and Operations Manager for their Chicago, IL location. This role is a high visibility position that works directly with the Branch President to help drive sales, manage and develop sales personnel along with engaging customers both internally and externally. The successful candidate will lead and influence others while assisting in the management of ndividuals engaged in the sales and business development process.
- Mentor and help lead a team of 30 salespeople:
- Interview and train new employee in Customer Sales roles
- Manage day to day operations with KPI metrics
- Conduct employee reviews and set SMART goals
- Act as a liaison between the sales branch and carrier procurement center Drive both revenue and margin growth across multiple verticals and modes
- Develop and maintain best business practices
- Provide industry expertise, guidance and support:
- Pricing (assist in submitting timely customer bid packages and RFP’s)
- Developing sales pipelines
- Selling XPO’s diverse book of services
- Developing sales strategy
- Use data to drive operational and productivity improvements:
- Review Sales activity KPIs including revenue, margin, load count, call logs and CRM adherence
- Review customer metrics in real time
- Work cross-functionally to review pricing, market penetration and service KPIs
- Assist in developing quarterly/annual budgets and operating plans
- Ability to learn XPO’s TMS software
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of XPO Logistics
- Maintain confidentiality of company information
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Conflict resolution experience
- Ability to prioritize & work effectively within time limits
- Analytical thinking (interpret data to drive decisions)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Minimum 5-7 years transportation related experience (preferably at a non-asset based logistics company)
- Bachelors degree required
XPO Logistics, Inc. - 14 months ago