Responsible for sales and purchasing related to Nuclear Quality procedures and instructions as defined in the Nuclear Quality System Manual (NQSM) and Nuclear Quality Procedures Manual (NQPM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review of RFQ’s, quotes, and customer orders.
• Entering Edgen Murray purchase orders and transfers using PO requisitions.
• Ensuring pick tickets reflect the requirements of the customer purchase order and vendor PO information
and are submitted to Quality for use in creating inspection documents.
• Approval and completion of applicable portions of the Certified Shipment Release Form.
• Prepare and submit (to customer) final shipping document package.
• Direct shipment document receipt and approval.
• Handling new vendor requests for products and services for inclusion on the Approved Vendor List (AVL).
• Knowledge of necessary quality, documentation, and processing information to accompany vendor purchase orders.
• Attendance and participation in production status meetings.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Customer communication & customer service; providing weekly status updates to top accounts
• Vendor communication & expediting; coordinating vendor visits & source verifications at vendor sites
• Maintaining open files; completion of closed orders by matching traveler packages and invoices to sales
order packages and moving to temporary storage
• Assist with accounts receivable issues including entry of credits, rebills, returns, etc. when needed.
• Other ad hoc duties as may be assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Dependability: Punctual; Good attendance record; Work with minimal supervision and direction; Can be counted on to handle special duties; Follow-up on issues without prompting; Meet deadlines.
Initiative and Leadership: Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.
Teamwork: Perform a variety of tasks independently while contributing to the team environment; Build positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interest.
Interpersonal Skills: Support and encourage others; Give and receive constructive criticism; Negotiate; Listen to and value other’s opinions; Convey ideas to a group; Maintain confidentiality.
Organisational Support: Follow policies, procedures, instructions and pre-determined guidelines; Support organization's goals and values.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Oral and Written Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of internal business stakeholders and external customers and suppliers.
Technical Skills: Ability to complete training and meet proficiency requirements as outlined in the NQSM.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education degree with two (2) years relevant experience or recent graduate with relevant degree.
Must complete and pass all required pre-employment screenings.
Public Law 91-508 requires that we advise you that a routine inquiry may be made during our initial or subsequent processing of your application which will provide applicable information concerning character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living. Upon written request, additional information regarding inquiry, if one is made, will be provided.
Federal Law prohibits the company from hiring any person unless he/she presents documents, which establish his/her identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Therefore, the company will require each new hire to present such documents as a condition of employment.
EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable state and federal laws, on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age or physical or mental disability to job requirements.
I understand that EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION is in no way obligated to provide employment and that I am in no way obligated to accept employment. I understand that my employment is terminable-at-will, that I am not being employed for any specified time, and that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract for continued employment.
The use, possession, or being under the influence of illegal drugs, or alcohol on the job is prohibited and will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. I hereby agree to submit to any lawful drug or integrity testing that may be required as a condition of employment and understand that refusal to submit to such testing during the course of my employment may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
I certify that any misrepresentations made in this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application and/or for my separation from EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION.
I certify that if employed, I will abide by all company rules and regulations. I certify that the above statements have been read by me and that the statements I have made on this application are true and correct. I authorize any physician or hospital to release any information which may be necessary to determine my ability to perform the duties of a job for which I am being considered for, prior to employment or in the future during my employment with EDGEN MURRAY CORPORATION.
Edgen Group Inc - 11 months ago