Do you have a background in new business development, selling marketing and related professional business services?
Do you understand how business strategy and direction are determined in corporations?
Are you highly competitive, confident in your ability to sell, assertive, and dependable?
Are you insatiably curious, and have a passion for exceptional customer service?
Can you provoke constructive conversation with your customers?
Can you quickly build confidence with prospects, customers, and internal team members?
Can you lead and motivate a team of resources in a dynamic environment?
We are BI WORLDWIDE®.
We are in the business of producing measurable results for our clients by driving and sustaining engagement of their employees, sales channel, and consumers.
We believe in service well done; that we must innovate or we will perish; that fast is better than slow, and action is better than talk. We never give up. We help each other. We work hard; we play hard, and we celebrate. We are not just engaged at work; we are engaged in the world.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented sales professional currently located in the Connecticut market to join our Danbury-based sales team. The Business Development Director is an individual contributor and is charged with new business development in the Connecticut market.
The Business Development Director is responsible for identifying potential business opportunities, develop relationships and understand the customer’s critical business strategies, then work with a team of subject matter experts to create and execute a solution to achieve the customer’s business objectives.
- Minimum seven years of direct B2B sales experience calling on Fortune 1000 companies
- Clear history of new business development selling professional services
- Demonstrable knowledge of the mobile telecommunications industry with a focus on technologies and consumer marketing
- Demonstrable sales success through prospecting and growing revenue in multiple accounts
- An understanding of sales force/channel motivation, consumer marketing, or employee retention/training
- Large volume sales experience ($250k plus per sale)
- Experience with broad range of sales cycles (three to six to twelve months)
- History of career stability with a maximum of three jobs in the last ten years
- Compensation derived through highly leveraged commissions and bonuses
- Four year college degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products is required; Proficiency with Web 2.0 and SaaS solutions a plus
Compensation is not capped and is based on your performance. We offer a base salary plus commission and a bonus tied to fiscal year revenue production and profitability. To get you started, we offer a three year, substantially guaranteed package that is based, within limits, on the average of your previous 3 years' income. This package does not limit your earnings opportunity but rather guarantees a level of income while you build your book of business.
Business Development Directors are automatically eligible for a full suite of performance management reward programs, including an annual President’s Club travel award. Other benefits include car allowance, company laptop, mobile device reimbursement and full expense account for client entertainment.
BI Worldwide - 19 months ago