Job Posting |
The Account Executive sells Phase II - IV Clinical Patient Trial Services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and R&D community
- New Jersey/Pennslyvania
- Midwest/Pacific North West
- South West
• Develop and execute customer account plans. Actively pursue, close and follow up on new opportunities in your geography
• Initiate and conduct face-to-face meetings with clients
• Set, manage and maintain customer expectations
• Achieve sales targets by accurately forecasting clinical studies and client behaviors
• Establish and nurture client relationships, with both existing and new sponsors
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Collaborate with company wide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction
• Recognize and communicate opportunities for other business units
• Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
• Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
• Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
• Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
Bachelor Degree in Life Science or Business required
Graduate degree preferred
2-10 years selling clinical (Ph I and IIA ) or (Phase II-IV) patient trial services
2-5 years sales experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech sector with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
CRO (Clinical Research Organization) industry experience strongly preferred
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...