This is a posting for potential future opportunities in our Chicago, IL office. If interested in a future opportunity please submit your application. If you are qualified, we will keep you in mind for future opportunities in this office.
Please note, Account Executive II or Senior Account Executive position depends on the needs of the business and experience level.
If you love to sell and are interested in working with a great team of dedicated professionals then tw telecom might be a great place for you to continue your career.
We are seeking a full-time consultative sales professional with the commitment, desire, and work ethic necessary to sell data, voice and internet services to enterprise customers. Top performers will aggressively prospect and sell to high level IT decision makers to uncover needs and applications that fit with our established network products and services. Our Account Executives are assisted by our Network Application Engineering team in designing solutions and will be expected to work closely with additional local and regional resources.
In addition, the selected candidate will be expected to meet or exceed a monthly quota, utilize our internal systems to maintain accurate customer records, perform daily sales and account management activities, and market our products and services in the assigned area.
If you are energetic, goal oriented, creative, and resourceful with a proven successful track record in sales, you may be eligible to become a member of tw telecom team.
Employment Package Includes:
- Competitive base salary with a 6 month draw
- Highly lucrative commission plan for top performers
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Company matched 401k plan with no vesting period
- PTO and paid holidays
- Sales on-boarding program
- Meet or exceed monthly objectives.
- Prospect for and qualify new account opportunities.
- Proactively sell tw telecom products and services to qualified businesses.
- Maintain a high level of sales activity including needs assessments, application development, proposal presentation, negotiation, and post-sale services.
- Submit clean and accurate service order packages for all closed sales.
- Manage sold and/or assigned accounts on an on-going basis and achieve continued revenue growth and revenue retention.
- Deliver monthly sales forecasts and reports as outlined by local Sales Manager/Director.
- Actively participate in all professional development activities and training classes which include the sales on-boarding program.
- Support others within the sales and service team to achieve customer satisfaction levels.
- Maintain professional relationship with all customers and business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
- Must demonstrate consultative selling and closing skills with proven success in developing new accounts.
- A history of successful quota and/or sales objective attainment.
- Background selling technical solutions to high level executive decision makers.
- Candidate must be motivated, willing to learn, and goal orientated.
- Creative and resourceful problem solving abilities.
- Experience selling in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be an excellent listener with the ability to build successful relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Technical skills related to network and transmission design and local access services.
- Requires product knowledge of both switches and dedicated services, and associated end-user and carrier applications.
- Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes.
- Working knowledge of general marketing principle tools and processes.
- Must possess skills necessary for decision making and customer retention.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Will be traveling to clients.
- Must be able to communicate verbally, written, face-to-face and over the phone with customers and co-workers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of outside sales experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in telecommunications sales is required.
- A minimum of 1 years’ B2B sales experience in this location/market is required
- In current role, must have had at least 80% of your business obtained through “hunting” techniques.
- Demonstrated success in telecommunications sales to end-user customers, including strategic and small to medium sized customers using relationship management and system sales concepts.
- Experience in systems selling, consultative sales techniques, and account planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies.
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
Thank you for applying with tw telecom.
tw telecom inc., formerly Time Warner Telecom Inc., is a provider of managed network services, specializing in ethernet and data networking,...