Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Our Benefit Solutions Division offers thousands of companies across the country attractive, affordable benefit packages to their employees. With flexible plan designs, a comprehensive product portfolio and an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction, Mutual of Omaha helps employers manage the complex world of insurance and financial services.
We are currently seeking an engaged insurance professional to join our sales team in our Chicago Group Office. The position of Sales Assistant/Senior Sales Assistant has the following essential job functions:
This job requires a background that demonstrates the following minimum knowledge, skills, talents and traits:
- Direct and control the work activities of new support personnel assigned to the office to include establishing priorities, organizing and monitoring workflow, and training
- Receive RFIs/RFPs from brokers, consultants and agents, provide financial information concerning prospective clients and availability of required insurance coverage, and administer service on procedural problems.
- Underwrite cases generally under 100 lives and quote premium rates. Deliver policies and certificates received from Home Office to the policyholder.
- Make presentations to employer groups and policyholders on billings, claims, and enrollment procedures for various group employee programs.
- Make periodic visits with sales or service representatives to brokers, agents, and general accounts to determine rates, benefits, contract provisions, and proposal guidelines on cases.
- Prepare proposals, follow up with requests to ensure a timely response, and review written proposals prior to presentation. Forward to group client for review.
- Following the close of a sale, assist in completion of Group Data Report.
- Review State Insurance Department regulation changes and work directly with Home Office personnel on policy and benefit adjustments necessary for compliance.
- Review booklets and materials received from Home Office for accuracy and assemble for delivery to policyholder.
- Resolve billing problems with policyholders, to include collecting delinquent premium, assisting in payroll and eligibility audits for renewal
- Coordinate processing of all requests generated during employer/government groups Open Enrollment and assist in the coordination and preparation of materials for workshops.
- May perform office support functions such as greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate person, handling invoices and petty cash, processing conversion requests, scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel plans, and maintaining office files, supplies and equipment.
- May open, screen, and distribute mail, identifying and ensuring proper disposition of correspondence requiring immediate attention.
Physical Requirements for the Essential Job Functions:
- May be a licensed agent or actively pursuing appropriate licenses
- Knowledge and understanding of Group Operation procedures for underwriting and rating
- Proficient personal computer skills, including a working knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills
- Understanding of the laws governing the insurance industry
- Effective communication, customer service, human relations, analytical and relationship management skills
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, meet deadlines, plan & prioritize work, take initiative, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel and a valid driver's license
(The following are the essential job functions associated with performing the job responsibilities of this position and are represented as a percentage of the work period that the activity may be performed each day.)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
- Key-boarding/Writing/Pinching - working primarily with fingers (66% or greater)
- Handling - working primarily with hands such as grasping, turning, sorting (34%-66%)
- Static reaching - working with elbows away from body (1%-33%)
- Sitting (66% or greater)
- Standing/Walking (1%-33%)
- Bending/Stooping (1%-33%)
- Talking - required use of voice (34%-66%)
- Near Vision - Visual Acuity at 20 inches or less (66% or greater)
- Far Vision - Visual Acuity at 20 feet or more (1%-33%)
- Hearing (34%-66%)
- Operate a Motor Vehicle (1%-33%)
- Travel (1%-33%)
- Lifting/Carrying (1%-33%/1-32 reps per day - 10-19 pounds of force)
- Pushing/Pulling (1%-33%/1-32 reps per day - 10-19 pounds of force)
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
For more than 100 years, Mutual of Omaha has helped millions of families strive to reach their financial goals and plan for a secure future....