Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. The Sales Associate is a Brand Ambassador that is responsible for generating sales by engaging and connecting with each customer. They utilize product knowledge to educate and inform customer and to build sales. The Brand Ambassador is responsible for driving results and enhancing the customer experience by maintaining a neat, clean and safe working and shopping environment. They are responsible for execution of all company-defined procedures and practices including recovery of the sales floor, fitting room and cash wrap maintenance, as well as merchandise presentation standards throughout the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actively performs all role & responsibilities while demonstrating Brand Ambassador Characteristics & Core Skills
Reports to a member of the leadership team. Receives daily direction from Leader on Duty (LOD). Collaborates effectively across teams.
- Creates a positive, welcoming experience for customers (Joyful, Social and Approachable)
- Drives customer service and increases sales (In Service Mindset / Understands Fashion and Trends / Strong Communicator)
- Ensures that merchandise and store are easy to shop and accessible to customers (Decision Quality / Problem Solving)
- Contributes to a positive working environment (Respectful / Responsible / Team Oriented)
- Demonstrate a customer first mindset and is accessible to ensure every customer has a great experience.
- Proactively demonstrates the power of yes, consistent with the service model training.
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and makes relevant merchandise suggestions. Asks questions, learns details and uses that information to enhance the customer’s experience.
- Educates our customers on our product, offers, promotions, Banana Republic Credit Card on the sales floor, in the fitting room and at the cash wrap.
- Speaks with sufficient knowledge to customers about styles, fit, fabrics and current trends.
- Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their needs and wants. Assists customers in finding substitutions for out-of-stock items, or assists in finding those items in other locations.
- Processes transactions (alterations, holds, register) efficiently and accurately.
- Invites the customer to participate in the Customer Experience Survey.
- Demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with the Gap Inc. culture.
- Consistently provides support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete a task or assisting in customer interactions.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment in order to maximize the customer shopping experience.
- Performs all merchandise handling tasks including shipment processing and receiving as well as markdowns, charge sends, processing ship from store orders, transfers and damages and defectives.
- Prepares and executes the Floor It!, LRT replenishment and Daily In-Service Audits
- Assesses and addresses the needs of the area to ensure all stock is available and brand display standards are met. (e.g., maintain jewelry back stock, ensure all handbag styles are displayed)
- Performs stock checks and locates merchandise in store and over the phone.
- Processes and runs go-backs in a timely manner. Performs recovery duties throughout the day.
- Supports the store visual presentation by upholding standards throughout the day; some examples are folding, steaming and spot recovery.
- Proactively replenishes & folds down and sizes merchandise. Ensures fitting rooms are clean and clothes are brought to the floor when not engaged in assisting customers
- Maintains the sales-floor, fitting rooms and cash-wrap by completing tasks such as board-folding merchandise, power-folding denim and chinos and performs deep cleaning (black marks on walls, wax hang bars, touch up paint, edge vacuum fitting room and ledges during non-business hours only).
- Completes any assignment directed by any leader / Leader On Duty (LOD) that would service the customer and achieve efficient store operation.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
- Consistently arrives on time and ready to work when scheduled
- Follows all operational procedures (e.g. cash wrap, fitting rooms, loss prevention)
- Upholds data integrity guidelines when counting inventory, processing shipment and cashiering
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the sales floor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on tasks/projects.
- Previous experience in retail preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom.
- Ability to meet brand availability requirements.
Store Sales, Stock and Visual