Goodwill Industries of North Florida currently seeking a Sales Associate with an eye for fashion for our Bluetique store in Ponte Vedra. This boutique store features designer merchandise along w/ donated goods. The Sales Associate will be for performing cashier, stock and customer service functions in a retail environment. Sort donated merchandise, prepares clothing and other merchandise for the sales floor. Maintain superior customer service.
Our Philosophy: Work is the Cornerstone of Life
At Goodwill, we believe that the opportunity to work can - and does - change a person’s life. A job offers the independence that comes with a paycheck, increases self-esteem, and breaks the cycle of poverty. It’s a philosophy that we have been following in North Florida since 1940, when our local organization was founded as one of a growing number of independent non-profit affiliates of what is now Goodwill Industries International. Today, Goodwill Industries is the nation’s largest private provider of training and employment services for people with disabilities and special needs. And our local organization has grown into one of Goodwill’s top performers in placing people into employment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Energy and enthusiasm to help others
- An openness to learn and be a team player
- An excitement for a career in retail
- Be able to perform basic skills on the register & computer
- Able to regularly lift up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Education: High School or GED preferred
- Experience: No experience required / 1-2 years experience preferred
- Lifting (Up to 50lbs)
- Carrying (Up to 50lbs)
- Repetitive Motions
- Respectful customer relationships
- Operation of point of sale/inventory software
- Reasoning and logic
- Maintain records
- Sensitivity to service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
Goodwill Industries of North Florida is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, orientation, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, handicap or veteran status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone, e-mail, or in person. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for the next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This position is subject to close at any time.
Goodwill of North Florida - 13 months ago