Do you know what to do to get rid of those pesky aphids on a rose bush? Do plants tend to perk up when you walk by? Do you have a green thumb? Well if you were able to answer yes to any of these questions you may want to consider the position of Nursery Sales Lead at Orchard. We are looking for individuals that enjoy working with plants and offering solutions to people that are trying to take their yards from ordinary to extraordinary. The ideal candidate for Nursery Sales Associate is inquisitive, energetic, has a desire to learn, and most importantly has a passion to serve customers. What does passion to serve mean at Orchard? It’s pretty simple; Sales Associates need to engage with all of our customers, get an understanding of their needs and do everything possible to ensure they leave totally satisfied with their shopping experience ensuring customer’s return for expert advice for their future gardening needs.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a Farmer's cooperative San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California's "large" hardware store. We would not have been around this long had it not been for the hardworking, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that continue to make working at Orchard their career.
1. Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
2. Continually build Nursery product knowledge for their assigned department to be able to answer customer questions, provide product features and benefits, and build an understanding of related products to be able to sell a solution to the customer.
3. Maintain in-stock within the assigned department and communicate issues with product availability or overstock to the Department Lead or store management.
4. Ensure the assigned department is always kept clean and all products are easily accessible to customers.
5. Ensure the Nursery Department is appropriately stocked and merchandised at all times. This includes ensuring all plants are receiving the appropriate care and maintenance to minimize product markdowns and returns.
6. Assist in other areas of the store as required. There are no boundaries when providing customer service.
7. Prepare for and assist with store inventory
1. High school graduate or GED
2. Must be 18 years of age or older
3. Great customer service skills and a positive demeanor
4. Great verbal and listening communication skills
5. Ability to work on your feet (standing and walking) for long periods of time
6. Prior retail Nursery sales experience is a plus
Orchard Supply Hardware - 2 years ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...