Posting Job Title: Sales Coach - Appleton
Requisition #: 145451BR
Posting Location: Appleton, WI, US
Area of Interest: Administrative/Clerical
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Sales Coach for our Marketing and Sales Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This position requires a high energy, creative person with strong communication and verbal skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to travel throughout Appleton, WI and the surrounding areas. Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing solid sales training programs to improve sales force effectiveness across all sales channels while supporting business objectives and goals.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates the sales process and knowledge of the customer's needs through frequent field visits. Maintains monthly schedule of training sessions.
- Maintains coaching file to identify sales strengths, weaknesses and areas of ongoing sales behavioral skills development for each associate in area of responsibility.
- Participates in weekly department meetings/daily huddles providing sales information and product knowledge.
- May deliver sales related lesson plans/training modules developed by Learning and Development. May develop job aides to provide behavioral sales coaching for monthly marketing campaigns.
- Consult with management to gain understanding of training needs through formal analysis, reports, surveys, focus groups and/or interaction.
- Design and implement approved cost effective sales training programs.
- Supervise and evaluate on-going training programs to determine if skills and job knowledge have been achieved and successfully implemented and maintained in the workplace.
- Proactively identify challenges to the sales process, training and operational policies. Present recommended options for resolution to Sales Program Development Manager. Interface with other customer contact departments to coordinate resolution and achieve efficiencies.
- Develop and update training materials and reference materials.
- Coordinate and/or conduct training sessions/activities with outside vendors.
- Review business related topics to stay current on procedures, product changes, campaigns, competitors and industry related information
- Accurately track training sessions and communicates results to management through online tools, reports and feedback session
- Attend approved trainer development sessions as directed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical success factors when developing strategy and plans for assigned area of responsibility.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills to effectively deal with employees and various levels of management staff and/or outside contacts.
- Strong and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate employees to improve their daily job effectiveness in meeting sales objectives.
- Possess knowledge of and experience in training theories as they relate to skills building, adult learning, transfer of knowledge and change in behaviors.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment. Ability to manage diverse relationships and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and to effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Must show initiative in creating goals for self-development and be an Independent self-starter who requires minimal daily supervision.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience and other education. Cable industry or telecommunications experience a plus.
- Familiarity in the use of personal computers and various software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Explorer/Internet) and audio/visual equipment.
- Up to 80% travel may be required to attend work related meetings and training sessions.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for service levels or time sensitive projects.
- Carry, set-up and lift items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Requires a valid driver's license, an acceptable driving record and use of a personal vehicle.
FCC Unit_TWC: 8342
Controlling Establishment ID: 00032 - Appleton
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...