Work actively with assigned Territory team (Field Applications Scientist, Product Associate / Sales Specialist, Applications Support Representative, and Customer Experience Specialist). Responsible for selling Biotechnology products as assigned in the territory, acquiring and analyzing sales and market information and assisting in promotion efforts.
Education: B.S. in molecular biology, life sciences, chemistry or related field.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum two (2) years experience and success in field sales of high end, capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies - may consider related biological/analytical field sales support experience in lieu of direct sales experience.
- Minimum one (1) year direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
- Familiarity with customer accounts in the territory.
- Position may be based at a field location outside Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills.
- Team player. Enjoys and works well with other people in a team environment. Displays a positive attitude.
- Proficiency in organizing time and territory activities in order to efficiently maximize sales results.
- Highly organized and displays working knowledge and appropriate use of Salesforce.
- Creative, motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills. Able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- May require up to 50 - 75% travel in assigned territory, working from a home office.
- Actively sell LI-COR Biotechnology products in territory. Includes qualifying and follow-up of sales leads generated by LI-COR from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc. Implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies. Assist in selling outside of territory as needed.
- Generate new potential sales leads.
- Evaluate and recommend where product demonstrations should be done, arrange logistics, and assist in doing demos. Conduct customer demos as appropriate, and assist in exhibitions as needed.
- Represent LI-COR at exhibitions and conferences.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, support contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Record all customer communications, correspondence, activities, and opportunity information in Salesforce within one week of completion of the activity.
- Submit expense reports no later than two weeks after completion of a trip or month (if submitting expenses on a monthly basis).
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan for assigned region.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a business plan to maximize the market potential.
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales and daily activities, as requested
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- Job requires a moderate to high percentage of overnight travel.
- A typical work week includes one day a week designated as a home office day and four days spent interfacing personally with prospects and customers.
- Assist in training of LI-COR employees or representatives, as needed.
- Maintain excellent technical and sales proficiency to perform job function.
- Provide routine territory reports, as directed.
- Light Work-Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
LI-COR Biosciences - 4 months ago
LI-COR maintains a list of Application Notes and Journal articles that relate to the use of LI-COR instrumentation. We currently have articl...