The Holiday Inn Express, Boston Sales Coordinator position is to provide support and assist the Sales Manager with coordinating multiple hotel services for groups. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures, including but not limited to:
The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
Implements assigned sales activities within market segments to achieve budgeted goals:
* Meets set sales goals.
* Reports to the Director of Sales and is evaluated against planned objectives; with DOS assistance takes appropriate action to maximize sales and valley periods.
* Ensures assigned area operates within cost constraints.
* Maintains effective plans of correspondence and in-house communications.
Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business to meet budgeted sales and profit margin:
* Uses the Internet and other effective sites to prospect for potential business.
* Makes 10 prospecting calls (40 per month)
* Qualifies prospective leads as to profitability.
* Assists DOS in researching client’s needs and recommending programs to fulfill those needs.
* Negotiates with client to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
* Calls to confirm appointment for Director of Sales
* Makes 10 calls per week *(40 per month) to promote hotel, make and confirm appointments for the Director of Sales.
Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business to ensure customer satisfaction and property profit:
* Reviews sales work file of assigned accounts to maintain a proper flow of information within the hotel.
* Coordinates guests needs, clarifies and firms details of meeting rooms, functions, menus, and audio visual requirements after a booking is made as assigned by the Director of Sales.
Assists in developing and executing projects for market areas as stated in the hotel Marketing Plan to increase sales volume and profitability:
* Assists Director of Sales in conducting market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc.
* Assists Director of sales in developing and executing package plans, special sales activities, promotions, public relations activities and materials, advertising, etc.
Participates as required in solving problems with other departments related to booked business:
* Problems of accommodation and function space conflicts.
* Salvaging of accounts, which threaten cancellation.
* Affects compromise between client/guests needs and property facilities.
Contact customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat bookings, and referrals.
* Distributes handwritten notes to all arriving guests of our top and target accounts.
Follows up on progress of groups booked, such as room night pick-up, rooming lists and cut-off dates, with the Front Office Management to insure maximum occupancy on a daily basis.
* Makes the number of maintenance calls required to coordinate all arriving groups, request rooming lists, arrange details for meeting and group rooms and to ensure that contracts are received on a timely basis. (A maintenance call goal will be set by DOS and GM)
Enhances the property’s community image and stays abreast of competition, new developments, and sales methods and techniques in the hospitality industry to maximize profitability.
* Periodically shops competitive hotels.
Attends monthly staff meeting to discuss group resumes to maintain favorable working relationships among hotel associates and to promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
Prepares reports, as requested, to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities:
Performs all account-abilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image of the brand. Works to achieve objectives, public recognition and acceptance.
Keeps the Director of Sales promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate.