The Sales Development Associate (SDA) position lies within the Marketing department of MNI Targeted Media. An SDA provides strategic marketing support to the sales force, assisting with the overall multi-platform sales efforts of both the MNI and Targeted Media Health sales divisions. As the sales team's primary contact for marketing intelligence, selling materials, presentations and category development, this position requires excellent communication and creative problem solving skills.
SDA primary responsibilities include:
- Utilize all resources to create effective and persuasive selling material customized by client or industry
- Keep abreast of and communicate market trends, industry issues and company/product strategies
- Be a strategic partner for the sales staff, developing value added opportunities and "big Ideas" that help generate business
- Provide syndicated research information to overcome objections, position products, and highlight competitive strengths in the market place
- Manage the expectations of the sales team and prioritize requests based on opportunity and deadline
This position requires a balance of strategic, tactical, and creative abilities; strong interpersonal and communication skills; the capacity to juggle multiple tasks and execute several projects simultaneously.
A bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of media experience is required. Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint, are required. Experience with syndicated research systems - MRI, Media Audit, Comscore, Neilson is preferred.
Time Inc. - 11 months ago