At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the VP of Operations, this senior role involves heading up the inbound and outbound call sales programs for the company while interacting with senior management to drive financial goals. Our sales programs include the sale of Premium Technical Services on behalf of our large branded partners to consumers and small businesses. The Inside Sales Director is responsible for the management and development across these multiple partner inside sales teams. These sales teams combined include 200 inside sales people handling 100,000 sales calls per month. Sales agents are located in two physical call centers as well as in “work at home” settings.
Work with senior executives across the company to ensure a world-class, inbound call sales center operating environment which maximizes profitability and the utilization of resources by identifying and optimizing the proper hiring profile, ensuring effective training, implementing compelling incentives, managing agent attrition, increasing close rates and improving average sales value per call while also managing average handle time.
This is a key partner-facing position that will work closely with PlumChoice account teams to support and enable effective communication with our partners (who are large telco, cable, and ISVs). The person in this role will be responsible for leading teams to exceed customer and sales objectives, executing with focus to accelerate growth and customer experience, and building a pool of telesales talent. The role is responsible for revenue generation as well as driving operating efficiencies of the team. Selling, retention and save desk activities are all key requirements of the managed groups. This role requires a combination of a strong background in operations, business and sales acumen, leadership, management, and communication skills, and high energy.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Hire, teach, and develop sales talent and skills to ensure every sales opportunity is maximized
- In particular, develop and improve inside sales managers, supervisors and teams by quickly using best practices in the areas of coaching and recruiting
- Develop appropriate retention strategies and focus on implementing best-in-class training, coaching and employee education programs
- Create and manage inside sales compensation and incentive plans to incent continuous growth while exceeding partner service level requirements
- Goals include establishing and maintaining appropriate sales KPIs including close rates, product mix, value per rep/per hour.
- Direct the implementation of monitoring tools, reporting structures, and trend analysis to track and manage to optimal sales productivity
- Develop a metrics-driven environment in which improvements and efficiencies are encouraged and duplicated on every sales team
- Instill a “sales culture” across the teams in a “technical” environment
- Requires 5 to10 years in progressive inside sales management positions
- A demonstrated track record of success in team leadership and staff development in an in-bound sales call center
- Experience with end-user consumer and SMB sales a must
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through the actions of others
- Experience managing multiple teams simultaneously
- Must have strong telesales call center experience
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and time-management skills
- Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Heavily experienced in creating, building and managing outstanding revenue producing centers, as well as successfully transitioning the centers and representatives from a technology/product focus into a more sales-oriented culture
- Demonstrated ability to scale the call center for future growth in multiple channels
- Assume an active role in the development of the company’s strategic plans. Insure the plans are well-crafted for the call center in terms of goals and objectives, initiatives in new services or new directions, competitive momentum, and the company's financial and managerial capacity
- Work with senior executives across the company to ensure a world-class, call center operating environment which maximizes profitability and resources while significantly reducing the administrative cost to the organization
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
- Advanced degree preferred
PlumChoice, Inc. - 14 months ago