Viking Technology, a division of Sanmina Corporation, leads the Enterprise and Embedded server and storage market in Solid State Drives (SSD), DRAM, and hybrid storage technologies. With a breadth of solutions that bridge both SSD and DRAM, Viking Technology has the ability to deliver any storage solution from high-performance computing SSDs down to embedded kiosk flash devices. Viking Technology has over two decades of focused storage and DRAM development, delivering high technology solutions that optimize the value and performance of customers’ applications in the Enterprise, Network Infrastructure, Embedded, and Defense & Aerospace markets. With an extensive product breadth of SSD and DRAM, Viking Technology stands as one of the top Tier storage solution provider in the market.
We encourage you to learn more about Viking Technology and its innovative products by visiting http://www.vikingtechnology.com.
The technical sales engineer will combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support for all Viking Technology products to the Network Infrastructure market and associated customers with priority on existing tier 1 engagements (Cisco, Juniper, ALU, etc).
Candidates must possess the business and interpersonal skills, as well as technical/product competency to regularly engage with both business and engineering contacts within the assigned customers. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service. Sustained sales and development work with these customers to ensure Viking Technology products are designed in and transitioned effectively to active business.
Technical sales engineers are a key point of contact for customers and provide both pre and post-sales support. They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production and quality, as well as senior company managers.
Nature of Duties:
• Search and manage Network Infrastructure customers (Cisco, Juniper, ALU) who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing customers potential in San Jose, CA;
• Developing long-term relationships with customers through managing and interpreting their requirements;
• Persuading customers that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
• Manage all PCN activities and administering customers accounts;
• Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services;
• Analyzing technical sales;
• Preparing reports for Viking Technology HQ office;
• Meeting regular sales targets and coordinating sales projects;
• Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets customers needs;
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
• Helping in the design of custom-made products;
• Providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team
5-years minimum experience in similar markets and/or with similar products; 3 years minimum customer facing experience
Microsoft Office suite and customer resource management software experience preferred
Good organization and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Sanmina-SCI Corporation - 4 months ago