The Sales Engineering team plays a critical role in driving business and revenue growth by targeting industry sectors in which Velti’s products can make an impact. We interact with our customers with the purpose of establishing close working relationships, discovering what their needs are and then proposing solutions that meet their needs. We work collaboratively with Velti sales channels and resources to manage relationships and grow revenue with new and existing customers.
This position is part of Velti’s Mobile Marketing Business Unit. Our products include SMS Aggregation, mobile CRM services, Mobile App development and Mobile web-site design. In this role, you'll combine your exceptional communication skills, technical aptitude and creative thinking to develop value propositions for our products and implement pre-sales presentations to our customers. Working directly with our Sales, Engineering, and Client Services teams, you'll create and present demos of Velti's latest products to make sure these solutions meet client’s needs. As a pre-sales Engineer you will also be collecting our clients’ requirements and document them in Statement of Work documents that will be used by our delivery teams worldwide to develop and implement the solutions you designed.
This means you'll be interacting closely and frequently with our customers on both technical and non-technical levels to ensure superior customer satisfaction and to maximize revenue. Confident and polished, you bring a demonstrated record of successfully preparing and presenting technical material to both business and technical audiences. You must demonstrate the ability of being a self starter, perform under pressure, and the continued application of common sense.
Responsibilities will vary based on client situation; however, the essential responsibilities are as follow:
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Lead discovery meetings to develop requirements for Velti solutions
- Design technical solutions, which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept, lead the technical response to RFP and RFI
- Present prototypes, demos and proofs of concept to a wide variety of audiences, which include C-level executives, marketing professionals and engineers
- Provide requirement feedback to development team
- BS or MS degree in computer science or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years of technical sales or field sales experience (sales engineering or professional consulting experience is preferred).
- At least 3 years of hosted messaging applications experience.
- Technical background in Mobile technologies such as SMS, WAP, J2ME, SMPP, Mobile Apps
- Technical background in Web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML, TCP/IP, ERP, CRM
- Technical proficiency in Business Messaging technologies such as Email and IVR.
- Proven ability to adapt your presentations to the technical level of the audience, and comfort with presenting technical materials to large groups.
- Ability to learn and retain with little formalized training.
- Travel 25%
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Velti is a leading platforms and services provider enabling mobile marketing, advertising and value-added services for advertising agencies...