Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
As a member of the sales team, the Systems Engineer will support the Spirent direct sales force with product demonstrations, presentations and written responses, conducting on-site product training and consulting to customers, answering detailed product questions, conducting prospect needs analyses and gathering competitive information to assist sales efforts. This SE position will be located on the east coast and will be supporting the customer base in the United States.
1. Run product demonstrations and evaluations in customer sales meetings.
2. Support sales team as technical subject matter expert on all products.
3. Present solutions to customers, assist in developing sales strategy with sales managers.
4. Provide feedback to Product Management on customer requirements/feature requests.
5. Coordinate and stage demo equipment necessary for demos/evaluations.
6. Perform initial system installation and user training at customer site.
BS with a major in EE preferred
• Understanding of the North American telecommunications applications and markets
• Familiarity with data and wireless communications principles and network technologies (GSM, UMTS, CDMA, 1XRTT, VoIP,…)
• Familiarity with subscriber services offered by North American carries such as voice, data and video
• Ability to develop innovative solutions
• Strong interest in problem solving
• Strong communications skills (oral and written)
• Able to explain and present complex concepts and procedures clearly
• Outgoing personality
• Self motiviated – able to work independently
• Well organized – able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good problem solving skills – able to quickly formulate appropriate responses to questions
• Ability to quickly grasp new products
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to travel throughout the United States. Travel could range from 10-35 percent.