Electrical Reliability Services (ERS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson, is an industry leader in electrical testing, maintenance and engineering services helping utilities, industrial, financial and government clients throughout the United States improve the reliability and performance of their electrical distribution systems. ERS offers a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services, acceptance and maintenance testing, project management, engineering studies, and electrical and safety training. Priding itself on workplace safety and unparalleled expertise in the field, ERS has more than 28 offices in the U.S.
ERS is currently seeking an Electrical Sales Engineer to support our service offerings in the Denver, CO area. Candidates must live within 30 miles of this area to be considered for this position.
Electrical Sales Engineer
Plan and perform territory sales and marketing efforts for the Service Center. This activity will be done using all principles of good salesmanship, including personal client visits, telephone selling, group selling, territory and account management, plus participation in technical and professional associations. Responsible for developing complete proposals for the Company in conjunction with the Operations Department staff and/or corporate staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals.
o Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts.
o Make effective customer presentations, proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct.
o Strength in selling maintenance, engineering services and professional services are required.
o Develop new accounts, sell national accounts and make sales calls at the VP level.
• Perform marketing support to promote the Company’s image throughout the industry.
o Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis.
o Assist Corporate needs in new service assessments, marketing research and literature development.
· Perform public relations to promote sales.
o Active participation in trade shows and professional societies.
o Must be able to give effective group presentations for both internal and external customers.
• Member of the Area Management Committee.
o Actively participate as a committee member.
o Assist in the development of the area sales and marketing plan.
o Bring input and new ideas on Sales and Marketing activities.
• Act as mentor and trainer to new sales associates in the fundamentals of Company sales.
o Required to assess the initial skill level and technical expertise of the new sales associate and provide to the regional manager a recommended sales training schedule.
o Training will be provided in the areas of technical assistance, sales skills, walk-through requirements, drawing take-offs, proposal development, and territorial and account management to the new sales associate.
• Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly.
• Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate BSEE/BSEET engineer and two years related experience minimum. OR Graduate of electrical technical school or equivalent, and five years of similar work. OR High school diploma or equivalent and eight years of similar work.
• Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some over night travel to cover sales territory.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
Additional Company Information
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for personal and professional growth. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com for Company information.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson Network Power is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Emerson Network Power is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Additional Website Information
Click here to apply online
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...