TITLE: SALES ENGINEER, FEDERAL AND TERRITORY MANAGER
To sell and promote Molex Premise Network products within an assigned geographic territory (DC, VA, DE, MD, Philly) and to the Federal government, to end users and through business partners including value added resellers (VAR customer/partners) distributors and certified installers. To broaden the customer base, develop and manage the distribution channel, and service and increase penetration at existing accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Sells and promotes Molex Premise Networks products by interacting with established customers the distribution channel, and developing new prospects. Works to meet or exceed established sales quotas and specified target objectives.
2 Develops and executes a sales plan for an assigned territory and targeted accounts including branches and agencies in the government and associated programs – develop and maintain updated sales and business pipeline forecasts, reports and updates to effectively manage and communicate the state of the business.
3 Calls on potential customers to broaden customer base, creating awareness of and demand for MPN products and services.
4 Calls on existing customers to maintain customer loyalty and satisfaction and to increase account penetration.
5 Identifies new product, sales and business opportunities.
6 Identifies opportunities for Molex APLLM (Advanced Physical Layer Lifecycle Management) and coordinate sales resources to sell related products and services.
7 Properly utilizes and maintains all company equipment such as company car, computer, cell phone, sample kits, etc., responsibly manages territory sales and business expenses.
8 Manages and supports sales and deliveries to and through the distribution channel – distributors, resellers, certified installers and business partners.
9 Serves and assists customers and support resources by supplying information and managing issues related to samples, delivery dates, product specifications, project schedules, quality, credit, etc.
10 Keeps informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers.
11 Coordinate activities and maintain regular reporting and communications with Molex support organizations, sales administration, engineering, supply chain, product management and marketing, and management and Molex program by following approved policies and procedures.
12 Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Bachelor's in a technical field and/or Business (BSME, BSEE, Industrial Technology, BA/BS Business, MBA, Information Technology or Information Systems, etc.)
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of field sales experience or related experience (direct sales, inside sales, customer service, etc.) in layer one premise structured cabling, computer networks, telecommunications, or data center equipment, knowledge and experience working in and with distribution channels.
- Knowledge of Structured Cabling industry or computer networks.
- Knowledge of data processing or telecommunications infrastructure, customer base, distribution channels, and related services.
- Knowledge of government procurement and contracting.
- Personal and Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations.
- Strong time management and organization skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload.
- Basic PC skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and office software.
OTHER: Self-starter, self-confident, self-motivated. The nature of a sales position does not allow for direct supervision on a day-to-day basis. The candidate/incumbent must be anticipatory, creative and proactive rather than passive.
- Communications and inter-personal skills to prospect, qualify, present and develop an opportunity pipeline of business. Sales skills to successfully negotiate and close a sales call. Account and territory management skills to develop and execute account and territories strategies and plans.
Molex - 20 months ago
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...