Sales internships at Major Brands are designed to give students a window into real-world beverage sales. Wholesale alcoholic beverage sales is a fast-paced, exciting career that allows you to showcase critical business skills and attributes. Interns will not only be responsible for helping day-to-day with sales objectives, but also with special projects assigned to meet business needs. Common projects could consist of helping to build business cases for critical business initiatives, analyzing current business trends, and/or working with current team members to identify areas for improvement.
Interns are expected to meet the diverse requirements for working at Major Brands including working well with team members from various backgrounds, developing an understanding of the beverage alcohol industry, and prioritizing work schedules to meet the demands of our suppliers and customers. Qualified internship candidates must possess an entrepreneurial business spirit, be exceptionally detail and goal-oriented, drive for success, and have the ability to adjust to and meet changing business demands.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Must possess an energetic “sales personality”.
- Must be quick, intelligent, and adapt well to new situations.
- Have the ability to listen and connect with customers.
- Must be creative and able to share ideas.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Communication must be professional and demonstrate sensitivity to diverse customers’ needs.
- Ensure that communication is proactive and responsive to the needs of Merchandisers, Sales Trainees, Sales Representatives, Supervisors, Managers, and Directors.
- Must enjoy working with people and be able to listen to and connect with different people in different situations quickly.
- Must be proficient in using various communication tools and technology to keep customers, peers, and managers apprised of their efforts.
- Ability to conduct online and other media-based research on current industry and product trends required.
- Knowledge of the wine and spirit business a plus.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to work in a flexible environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize responsibilities and work effectively, while dealing with a variety of requests throughout the day.
- Superior research and follow-up skills required.
- Must have a clear driving record in accordance with Major Brands’ driving policy.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds safely needed.
- Gain a working knowledge of Major Brands, suppliers, and products as well as selling and merchandising techniques and standards by:
- Participating in all sales and product training programs.
- Studying current market trends, industry changes, and new selling techniques.
- Shadowing sales representatives in on and off-premise accounts.
- Effectively using merchandising material to increase sales.
- Ensure all merchandising programs meet Major Brands’ standards and customer needs by:
- Working with sales managers to accomplish effective account ordering and POS management.
- Effectively designing and utilizing case cards, pole toppers, drink lists, table tents menu holders, neon signs, display racks, cups, etc.
- Manage and assist with the execution of special events.
- Responsible for attending sales meetings and participating in any efforts beyond standard working hours to help achieve company goals.
- Maintain and operate personal or company automobile so that assigned duties are performed while complying with the company driving policy.
- Understand and comply with all state and federal regulations regarding the sale and promotion of products.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.