UPS, one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” according to Fortune , is looking for motivated and enthusiastic students to participate in summer internships. Selected candidates will gain invaluable knowledge and experience in different areas of our business and will learn a broad perspective of the logistics industry by interacting with various levels of management. Students will be able to apply their newly learned business experience to their academic studies.
- Requisition #: 201055350
- Job Category: Sales
- Operation: Sales Ops
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 03
- Job Code: S177
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ATLANTA, GA 30328 - UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
The Reporting and Analytics internship offers hands-on experience building custom and ad hoc reports, providing general business intelligence analytics and constructing database objects/processes in the Microsoft platform. This opportunity also allows for experience in creating and executing test plans and use cases designed to ensure the validity of the group’s existing and new reports.
- Design, implement, and maintain our operational and reporting database systems.
- Participate in business process flow, application architecture design, platform selection and application analysis
- Collecting, understanding and transmitting business requirements into functional specifications and detailed test plans
- Metrics definition consolidation and publication for both new and existing reports
- Creating analytic queries on large data sets
- Updating, extending and maintaining existing dynamic reports using VBA/C# code
- Documentation and testing of report functionality and business processes
- Simple automation of existing routine processes
- Demonstrates leadership attributes within classroom, projects, volunteering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and work with cross functional teams
- Rising junior or senior preferred
- Actively enrolled in a degreed college program in the area of Business Management, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Logistics, or Marketing is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) SharePoint
- Able to work 35-40 hours per week
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there
- Actively enrolled in a degreed college program with a graduation date of May 2014 or later
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...