The Springfield Falcons, The AHL affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are seeking passionate and positive people who are committed to becoming leaders in the business of professional sports. Career growth-oriented sports sales development program, which focuses on developing the skills needed to become an inside sales and customer service professional. Under the guidance of the Manager of Ticket Sales, the intent of this program is to expand the applicant’s abilities to a level that will merit consideration for a promotion to a full time position within the sports industry following successful completion of the program. Our internship program is unpaid, though there is opportunity to make commission on any sales, and we would prefer this be for college credit, but that is not required. You will be required to submit your availability ahead of time.
• Make outbound calls to assigned leads to sell upcoming events and ticket packages
• Answer incoming single game calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, and groups
• Work a minimum of 15 hours per week (office and game hours required)
• Work all home games, plus additional nights, weekends and holidays outside of normal office hours, as assigned
• Represent the organization at in-house events and off-site community events promoting tickets; you will be the “Face” of the organization
• Maintain computerized records of all ticket customers and prospects using our CRM data base Archtics
• Provide unsurpassed customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone, in office and at games or other events
• Assist customer service efforts (mailing invoices, tickets, etc…), and other office tasks
• Help with planning and organizing various sales and marketing initiatives and programs
• Attend weekly meetings and sales training/role-play sessions.
• Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
• Other duties as assigned by Manager of Ticket Sales of Sales or VP of Business Development
• At least one year of advanced education working towards a degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing or related field.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule with long hours, which includes home games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
• Desire to be a sales industry leader
• Ability to work as a team player
• Proficiency in basic computer software programs
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your availability for this internship?
2. Do you have the desire to become a sports industry leader?
3. Are you local to the Springfield, MA area or will you be leaving Springfield when the spring semester concludes?
5. Are you able to commit to office hours on a weekly basis and all Falcons home games during your internship?
The American Hockey League - 18 months ago