Active Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant management™, our ActiveWorks® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world’s activities, as well as online destinations such as Active.com® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities. Active Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.
The Sales Manager, Commercial Business Segment is responsible for driving new business within an assigned group of Account Executives. The primary team role is to proactively drive new opportunities in key accounts within businesses in the $100M to $1B revenue range. This person will specialize in the pursuit of Corporate Clients, Associations (small and large) and larger Event Planners. The position will be based out of our Philadelphia office.
• Manage sales group and be able to execute all duties that come with the role
• Communicate all business needs and execute against the goals for the team
• Help sales tem negotiate contracts and close new business
• Effectively and accurately manage sales pipeline within Salesforce.com to maximize all new business opportunities. Monitor and report sales activity within the system
• Define and prioritize addressable market of key companies and target groups
• Help develop individual action plan to penetrate defined accounts within territory
• Follow up on all strategic marketing activities focused on driving new business
• Liaise with Account Management Team and Project Management Team to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• At least (5) years Sales Management experience in technology, software or SaaS sales
• Proven track record of success and exceeding sales and revenue goals
• Solid references that will testify to sales success in the past
• Business to Business sales experience
• National/Global Company experience preferred
• Have developed relationships at the VP level and managed major accounts – 100K to $1M plus per year
• Developed and delivered presentations to senior management
• PC Literate with aptitude for understanding technology related issues
• Expert in using Salesforce.com
• Able to work with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic group of individuals pass you by, please apply now! Be sure to include salary history. ActiveEvents, a part of the Active Network, is proud to be an EEO/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.