There’s more than one way to move a company forward. You can focus on advancing your own career or on advancing the entire organization. At Verizon, we look for individuals who can approach both with equal enthusiasm.
The Sales Manager leads a group of Sr. Account Executives to grow and protect Verizon Business' revenues at our largest and most strategic enterprise customers. The Sales Manager plays an integral part in the revenue generation by leading their team to sell solutions from our extensive technology portfolio to solve their clients' business and IT needs. The Sales Manager is, also, responsible to identify new out-sourcing and systems integration opportunities which contribute to Verizon's total revenue commitment. The Sales Manager directs and coaches the sales team in the sales process, manages customer satisfaction throughout, mentors and develops their direct reports, builds relationships internally and is responsible for developing deeper business relationships with our clients' executives and staff. The Sales Manager focuses particular attention on leading the sales team in focusing on developing solutions and selling strategic services to include Network, IP Telephony, Data Center solutions including Cloud Computing, Managed Services, Security Services, Call Center solutions, and CPE offerings. Strategic services Solutions are characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resource issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of customers.
This position will:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Manage an aggressive multi-million dollar sales quota in a highly competitive environment.
- Lead, develop and motivate a team of sales employees, which normally consists of 5-9 Sr. Account Executives.
- Lead team in protecting and growing existing customer account/revenue base and attaining revenue growth, quality and expense targets.
- Supports in the successful development and implementation of Strategic Account Plans for all assigned accounts.
- Negotiate teams and individual Sr. Account Executive objectives based on account and market analysis, qualified business conditions and application opportunities.
- Secure necessary Branch and interdepartmental commitment of resources required to implement pre and post sales and service activities needed to facilitate sales and maintain/improve customer satisfaction.
- Determine if RFPs are being written or have been issued for areas that are a core competency for Verizon and are for opportunities that are determined to be qualified.
- Brainstorm and develop new suggested solutions to satisfy customer demands.
- Assist others in thinking creatively and developing new ideas to sell VzB solution portfolio.
- Define objectives for the department and sets priorities for utilizing resources.
- Keep abreast of information and product developments.
- Create and maintain a good team spirit.
- Attends minimum of 4 – 6 sales calls per week with team members to establish personal contact and customer satisfaction.
- Review VzB new solutions and solution portfolio with customers to solve their business needs.
- Discuss financial and business impacts of proposed products and services with current and potential Verizon customers.
- Develop a good understanding of their customer base industries, business objectives and business trends.
- Prepares sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential • Participates in contract negotiations.
- Develops creative and customized package of new applications and services.
- Requires an understanding of Verizon Business services/products and network.
Must have proven track record of exceeding annual revenue plan. This role requires a Bachelors degree, 7 to 10 years successful strategic/solutions and/or systems integration sales experience or related discipline, 3 to 5 years Sales Management (supervisory) experience. Must be able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such, managerial experience a plus.
The preferred candidate must have demonstrated in previous roles: strong leadership skills, an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self direction and motivation, and a proven track record in consultative selling solutions. In addition to broad knowledge and expertise in the industry, the ideal candidate:
Demonstrates the ability to further develop existing business and executive level client relationships, cultivate new relationships, align with IT and Business Groups to uncover opportunities and develop solutions.
Demonstrates a detailed understanding of business finance and a high level of awareness of customers business / industry sector. Full understanding of how an investment adds value to the business, how to produce a business case that delivers a compelling financial argument to purchase a solution/service offering, and understanding the principals and application of an ROI model.
Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of functionality, features and benefits of VzB core Voice, Data and IP products and is capable of working independently on non-complex sales opportunities.
Demonstrates good knowledge/understanding of customers' environment as it relates to their specific sector. Identify sector trends and drivers, understand key applications that solve business problems in sector and deliver solutions that meet customers' specific needs/requirements.
Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of VzB Strategic Solutions. Capable of identifying, qualifying & closing opportunities with minimal support. Demonstrates expertise in this competency and could support/coach others.
Demonstrates a good knowledge/understanding of VzB Outsourcing Strategies and underpinning product sets/solutions. Able to effectively and consistently vocalize/present value/benefits of a VzB Outsourced solution.
Establishes "C" level contact within Accts/Opptys and demonstrates a detailed understanding of both the customers' sector and business drivers/challenges. Has good understanding of Solutions Selling methodology and tools and applies these regularly to both gain a better understanding of the customers' environment and manage the relationship.
Understands effective negotiation techniques and seeks to apply them in most situations. Is focused on achieving mutually beneficial, "win-win" results and is alert to customer buying signals and identifies and acts on closing opportunities.
Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Account/Oppty plans and reviews/updates and communicates these on a regular basis. Has clear strategy and set of objectives where relevant.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Excellent communication skills, able to interact with C-Level executives, polished and professional, ability to work effectively on their own and work well under tight deadlines. Able to effectively work on multiple projects at a time. Must be organized. Negotiation skills required. Must be able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives.
***Note to Reader...Please update your resume before submitting to ensure your qualifications are CLEARLY indicated on your resume and that they meet the REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE listed in this job description.***
Every day we strive for success. It’s our nature. At Verizon, this strategy drives both our company and the individual careers of our people. Right now, you can experience success with a global communications leader. And discover how we never stop until we succeed.
Back to Search Results
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...