Please note the special application instructions at the bottom of this job description. We are unable to consider candidates who use the “Apply Now” feature
The NYC Account Sales Manager is accountable for managing the execution of the business plan in the assigned markets. The Sales manager is responsible for a variety of accounts – selling in both at store level and head-quarter level, primarily for independent stores in NYC and NYC based distributors . The sales manager represents KIND as “the face of the brand” within the assigned territory, building relationships with a variety of retailers to solicit sales by encouraging:
- New item acceptance
- Prime shelf placement
- Secondary displays
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Assist the District Sales Manager in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and market-level sales goals. Focus across multiple areas:
- Distribution: Ensuring top item placement and new item speed-to-shelf.
- Promotional execution and customer-specific marketing.
- Forecasting and strategic planning for assigned accounts.
Track and analyze performance using a variety of data sources, with the ability to deliver insights and action plans for improvement.
Deliver fact-based presentations to support selling objectives and achieve results.
During in-store calls:
- Identifies key store decision makers.
- Effectively communicates KIND’s point of differentiation and brand strategy. Describes product features to store employees and customers. Highlights any special pricing, new products, product revisions, etc.
- Observes displays of both company and competitor product on store shelves, reporting pricing, shelf space, and promotions changes.
- Observes sku mix in store and prompts decision maker to adjust mix accordingly.
- Observes inventory levels in stores and prompts decision maker to reorder when inventory levels appear low.
- Completes call report at the end of each store visit.
- Respond to customer requests quickly and professionally.
- Participates in product resets.
Reports on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory. Visits other retailers that are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
Coordinate demo and event support with Field Marketing Manager in markets with Field Marketing support where applicable.
May involve some weekend or evening schedule during special promotions and/or customer events.
Develop and manage business and relationships with appointed distributors’ retailers – both at headquarter and store level.
Collaborate with Field Marketing Team to produce best in class sales store, market events, and increased KIND presence and brand awareness where teams are in place.
May involve some weekend or evening schedule for customer events and trade shows.
Special Requirements (if any)
- Ability to travel across multiple markets on overnights, frequency of 10 to 15 travel days per month.
- Good driving habits are required. Must provide proof of insurance, valid state motor vehicle driver’s license. Job involves heavy daily travel within assigned territory.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during store-level calls.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong supervisory skills, with ability to assess development needs and deliver action plans to optimize performance
- Ability to analyze syndicated data and present insights to support sales objectives in an account.
- Uses creativity and persistence in managing the territory through innovative sales programs.
- Takes initiative to build rapport, establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals.
- Experienced in negotiating at both head-quarter and store levels to accomplish results.
- Solid communication skills, both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up. Strong listening skills and adaptability to adjust style and message based on customer cues.
- Works as a team player and partner with Field Marketing counterparts in achieving goals; shares best practices and learns from Sales team members.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of Sales experience, to include 1 year of supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience managing natural/specialty distributors, including an understanding of distributor process and strategies.
- Strong understanding of broker partner responsibilities and ability to manage broker efforts.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Passion for health and/or natural foods industry preferred.
At Kind LLC, we use an information gathering tool called the Topgrading Career History Form as the next step in our hiring process. Please follow the instructions below and complete this form online.
Click on this link (or copy and paste into your browser) to apply for this position
Please note that we can only move forward with candidates who complete the career history form as instructed. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your information!