Gannett Company is a media and marketing solutions company with a diverse portfolio of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing companies that provides consumers easy access to the things that matter most to them – any way and anywhere. We are a leading international news and information company with 23 broadcast stations, 85 daily newspapers, including Florida Today and USA Today – and associated web sites – plus nearly 1,000 non-daily publications and USA WEEKEND .
Florida Today is proud to be a member of the Gannett Company. Florida Today seeking a Sales Manager for the Melbourne FL location to develop and lead a "world class multi-media sales team" that consistently delivers measurable results for customers and driving market share growth for the company. Coach and train within the assigned business unit for high performance and goal achievement/attainment. Be a multi-media, ROI-based creative marketing solution expert including superior product knowledge, market knowledge and customer knowledge. Understand/identify multi-media opportunities to grow share of best target customers and eliminate obstacles and barriers to allow sales associates to be 100% sales focused. Inspire and motivate team through clear, constant communication, creation of a culture of customer driven talent with an opportunity to grow and consistently challenge team with both realistic goals as well as stretch goals.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to accomplish monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue objectives.
- Facilitate resolution of external and internal channel conflicts.
- Develop account strategies to grow current client revenue while growing new business exponentially.
- Leverage internal resources to accomplish objectives and to solve problems.
- Provide regular and timely feedback, forecasts, reports, competitive information and field intelligence.
- Take the lead to create and package ideas that meet the needs of our core advertiser categories.
- Assume responsibility of our digital display, classified verticals, SEM, SEO, Mobile and Social Media sales strategies.
- Ensure optimal market coverage, professional client engagements, increasing awareness of products, services and capabilities.
- Identify and develop strategies for penetrating key accounts and prospects. The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for building and leading a high-performance digital sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. This position has significant revenue responsibility. This leader needs strong digital knowledge: able to explain the logistics and functionality of Digital Marketing Services (Social Media, Search, E-mail Marketing, Website design) at a high level as well as in detail. Articulately explain the value proposition of DMS (Digital Marketing Services) as it relates to competing advertising media. This individual must be able to clearly explain Search Engine Marketing (difference of paid search vs. organic) and can explain the value of adding digital / investing in digital to grow their current share.
Ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
5 - 8 years Demonstrated success in Digital Media Sales Management with expertise in selling the "Local" market. Significant experience managing and leading a team of sales managers and sales reps.
Extensive knowledge of multi-media ROI-based creative marketing solutions including superior product knowledge, market knowledge and customer knowledge.
Ability to understand and identify multi-media opportunities to grow share of best target customers.
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment
- Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (customers, prospects, key trends)
- Possess an understanding of competitive media in the market
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills (both written and oral)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have access to a vehicle and valid Driver's license
USA TODAY - 18 months ago
Gannett satisfies news junkies with a stash of daily US papers. The company is the top newspaper publisher in the US with about 80 daily...