Management position within the business unit responsible for all aspects of the sales function with their area of responsibility and to create demand within specific channels of trade. Managing communication and coordination of key relationships in the customer base, working with sales staff with the responsibility of driving key initiatives, goals and expectations to assure the success of the company.
- CREATE DEMAND. (Existing and new business)
- Manage customer relationships.
- Training and mentoring sales and support staff.
- Margin maintenance including price changes, promotions management, and SKU management.
- Works in concert with national sales team to drive core initiatives.
- Provide GSM with summarized financial data, goals, customer reporting, benchmarks, channel trends, analysis and opportunities.
- Provide leadership within the channel of responsibility
- Encourage growth within the channel through;
Ø Customer Leads
Ø Organized Approach
Ø Best Practices
Ø Participation within industry specific associations,trade shows and customer events
Qualifications and Experience:
Borden Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- BS/BA degree required
- 8 -10 + years of sales experience with direct store delivery in the consumer products industry
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Must have a proven track record of success growing sales and developing new customers
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Negotiation skills, conflict resolution, and the ability to influence
- Ability to be effective in a results driven, entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of success leading, training and developing a high performing team
- Analytical and decision making ability
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong customer/channel understanding
- Customer planning and management tools and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Borden Dairy Company - 9 months ago