The Sales Operations Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Sales & Marketing Organization through various tactical and strategic initiatives. The candidate must possess critical thinking skills and be experienced in making both qualitative and quantitative decisions on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience is required
- 2+ year’s equivalent experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Experience with sales/marketing/customer service/pricing in the transportation industry preferred
- Proven ability to produce, understand, review, and act on production throughput, productivity, efficiency, and cost of quality metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Development of expertise in Excel/Business Objects/Access
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Must possess a sense of urgency; promote accuracy, accountability, and timely responses to both internal and external customers
The duties are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- Provides facts and data to promote rational logical decision making
- Develops ad-hoc reports as requested by stakeholders; performs analysis on data as required
- Maintains system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity
- Responsible for all aspects related to the support of the Sales team (i.e. customer presentations, key performance metrics, etc.)
- Builds relationships with customers as well as internal personnel at all levels in various areas (e.g. Operations, Sales and Marketing, Service Design, and Revenue Management)
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing organization to identify customer issues and assist with business solutions
- Develops skills sets over time to manipulate data via Excel, Business Objects, and Access
- Develops skills sets over time to interpret the data and develop reasonable business conclusions and recommendations
- Supports the General Director of Sales Operations in all strategic initiatives
- Works closely with Customer Solutions and Transportation to drive consistency in handling customer issues and capturing new opportunities
- Ability to work non-standard business hours
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Kansas City Southern Railway - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The primary subsidiary of Kansas City Southern (KCS), Kansas City Southern Railway (KCSR) transports freight over a network of more than...